im having a really hard time with my pod hd 300. when i connect it in my line 6 spider 3, the amp settings (eq knobs) arent supposed to be working.. the eq is supposed to be controlled by the pod itself. but in my case, both parties are able to work but i want amp eq to get disabled. pls help !
I'm an avid line6 fan, but not particularly experienced with the HD, so if they're supposed to be able to interact with the Spiders in a way that disengages the amp's EQ, I don't know about it.

Although they have a return, don't they? If so, just go straight into the return, and then you're bypassing the pre altogether. That should work with eh spider, and anything with a loop, really. If you're desperate for the dirt boxes in the POD, use the 4-cable method, but I've never been that fussed on them.
im a noob in it .. plz help .. im just stuck ..im researchin too but no luck
You can only bypass a preamp if your amp has an effectsloop, in that case you run the output signal from the pod straight into the effects return.
The spider III doesn´t have an effectsloop so you´re unable to bypass it.

To get the most out of the pod you´ll want to run it into the poweramp of an tube amp, or ( if you don't want to buy an amp) plug you pod straight into the line-in on your hifi system (if you have one)
This sounds best with the output set to studio, and leaving all simulations on (default settings)
Quote by martijndrift
You can only bypass a preamp if your amp has an effectsloop, in that case you run the output signal from the pod straight into the effects return.
The spider III doesn´t have an effectsloop so you´re unable to bypass it.

To get the most out of the pod you´ll want to run it into the poweramp of an tube amp, or ( if you don't want to buy an amp) plug you pod straight into the line-in on your hifi system (if you have one)
This sounds best with the output set to studio, and leaving all simulations on (default settings)

this sucks ! shouldnt the line 6 people have thought about complimenting their own brand of amps (spider) ? they did this to promote DT50 .. shame !
Quote by nileflows
this sucks ! shouldnt the line 6 people have thought about complimenting their own brand of amps (spider) ? they did this to promote DT50 .. shame !

The spider series were released before the pod hd. They are basically pods combined with a crappy poweramp and speaker. And because it has effects already in there they don´t see a reason for an effectsloop I guess (although the spider valve and flextone series do have one I think)

But if you do have an hifi/stereo system, plug into that, the results will be much better than when you would plug in to the front of your spider!

Good luck and enjoy the pod! it's a great device