I have the Gibson green key tuners and basically every time I do any bend on the higher strings I'll go out of tune. Not a lot but enough to make me have to retune. So I'm looking for something that will improve that and something I can install myself at home, so I don't want to drill or anything like that. Thanks brothers.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Try taking a pencil and put some graphite into the nut groves so the strings slide and return to the point they started after you bend the string.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I have done that before but it's been a while so I will do it again, but I have read the gibson green key tuners are pretty awful.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

i think your problem has more to do with your tun-o-matic bridge, they are notorious for falling slightly outta tune.

but the higher end tuners that gibson used to use were grovers.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I would use either Schaller, Grover, or Sperzel as they're more accurate and effective, I'm currently using Grover tuning pegs on my SG and i barely go out of tune when i string bend
You have an SG standard and it keeps it in tune? Could you install those without drilling? Thanks man.

Well, to be honest mines a heavily modded Epiphone SG-310, but it keeps it in tune yeah.
With installation I'm not 100% sure because I got my local guitar shop to install them for me
I yanked the green keys off of my SG Standard and replaced them with these guys:
http://www.allparts.com/Grover-3x3-Nickel-Rotomatics-p/tk-7901-001.htm

Same shape, no more booger green, and they're solid as a rock. The entire process takes about 30 minutes and all you need is a screwdriver (and maybe pliers/wrench for removing the washers if they're on tight). You'll only use one screw per key, as opposed to two screws for the green keys. That means you'll have 6 empty screw holes on the back of your headstock, but honestly I don't notice mine and they don't cause any problems.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I yanked the green keys off of my SG Standard and replaced them with these guys:
http://www.allparts.com/Grover-3x3-Nickel-Rotomatics-p/tk-7901-001.htm

Same shape, no more booger green, and they're solid as a rock. The entire process takes about 30 minutes and all you need is a screwdriver (and maybe pliers/wrench for removing the washers if they're on tight). You'll only use one screw per key, as opposed to two screws for the green keys. That means you'll have 6 empty screw holes on the back of your headstock, but honestly I don't notice mine and they don't cause any problems.

This looks good, does it come with directions and stuff?

Quote by tr3nt
This looks good, does it come with directions and stuff?

I don't really know, but in case it doesn't here are my directions for the swap:

1. Remove strings
2. unscrew with a screwdriver all of the tiny screws on the back of the tuning keys (2 screws each, can't miss 'em)
3. unscrew with your fingers (or pliers if they're tight) the washers around the post on the front side of the headstock
4. at this point they should just fall out, you might have to push a tiny bit
5. do this backwards with the Grovers, except you'll only need one screw on the back side for each.

It's seriously so easy you can't mess it up. Trust me, I mess things up. A lot. You can't mess this up. Good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I don't really know, but in case it doesn't here are my directions for the swap:

1. Remove strings
2. unscrew with a screwdriver all of the tiny screws on the back of the tuning keys (2 screws each, can't miss 'em)
3. unscrew with your fingers (or pliers if they're tight) the washers around the post on the front side of the headstock
4. at this point they should just fall out, you might have to push a tiny bit
5. do this backwards with the Grovers, except you'll only need one screw on the back side for each.

It's seriously so easy you can't mess it up. Trust me, I mess things up. A lot. You can't mess this up. Good luck!

Hey thanks I'm gonna order these tomorrow

i have an SG White Jazz that came with Grovers standard. iirc its a 2004. just get a tuner you don't need to drill to fit. that way if you sell your guitar, you put the green tuners back on, and keep the grover set for another guitar.

i will say i hate shaller locking tuners, two of them broke in the first month, and shcaller had terrible customer service, and i had to suck up a loss on that one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/