I am working on the lead guitar of my band's big closer song, but Im having trouble with how the outro should end. Im torn between having it fade out or having a really noisy, quick end to it. Any thoughts on which way would be easier live/sound better as an outro?

Why should a random person on the internet decide for you? It's your song. Choose what you think sounds best.

People generally end differently live. On the CD, Flying in a blue dream fades out, live, Satch just ends on a C power chord.
A local band I've seen a few times puts on a decent live performance, and for their big finish with the song "Rock and Roll Vacation" the singer/guitarist gets off the stage and lies down on the ground while the bassist/singer keeps singing the chorus until they pretty much get kicked off stage. This is at a local coffee shop, so its all in good fun.

So, you don't just have to do the "end on a chord" or "lots of noise" finish, make it interesting and personal.
Last edited by xHellbound at Aug 14, 2011,
Quote by griffRG7321
Why should a random person on the internet decide for you? It's your song. Choose what you think sounds best.

People generally end differently live. On the CD, Flying in a blue dream fades out, live, Satch just ends on a C power chord.

Because everyone I know is split on the decision.
Quote by xHellbound
A local band I've seen a few times puts on a decent live performance, and for their big finish with the song "Rock and Roll Vacation" the singer/guitarist gets off the stage and lies down on the ground while the bassist/singer keeps singing the chorus until they pretty much get kicked off stage. This is at a local coffee shop, so its all in good fun.

So, you don't just have to do the "end on a chord" or "lots of noise" finish, make it interesting and personal.

Im not worried about live antics, I just am torn on the album part. Fading out makes sense as an outro, but ending it out of nowhere is more of a weird approach (which is good).
Why don't you do a few different endings and choose your favourite? It is completely up to how you feel, it's your song.