Alright I was looking through and found some decent deals on Dean basses, I have a friend who plays Dean guitars and said they are great (opinion obviously) so I was wondering how Dean bass would stack up to Ibanez like I currently have. Or if their are any other basses out there that I should look it.

I am an intermediate player, I would prefer a passive pick up system, and possibly even a single pick up. I play punk/hardcore/rock so if you have any suggestions I would love to here them
deans are crap for the most part. you would be better off getting a better ibanez
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by summerson1
deans are crap for the most part. you would be better off getting a better ibanez

What Ibanez series would you suggest then? I currently have a '96 SR300
if you can afford about 550-600 USD id get the sr500. it has bartolini pickups and a beast of a preamp
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
If you already have an SR why get another?

You can grab a Squier VM J or P and it would smoke any dean in that price range, hell you could grab a MIM Fender used for around 300.

My Fender Jazz with Dimarzio pups was 270 after tax and shipping, my Fender P was 318 after tax and shipping. check guitar centers used section. grab something 4 stars or above.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817

You can grab a Squier VM J or P and it would smoke any dean in that price range, hell you could grab a MIM Fender used for around 300.

My Fender Jazz with Dimarzio pups was 270 after tax and shipping, my Fender P was 318 after tax and shipping. check guitar centers used section. grab something 4 stars or above.

+1
Quote by Bass First
Quote by Alucard817

^this.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater