I found a few references to people on here that know American Sign Language, or at least a little.
Im an American Sign Language <--> English Interpreter, so its pretty much half my life.

You know what i find really interesting? It seems like a lot of the people who become interpreters are reallllly into music also. I guess something about the abstract-ness of ASL and music so theyre both appealing. But at the same time, theyre very opposite (now its not true that Deaf people dont listen to music, i have some Deaf friends that LOVE music, but its more about the beat, etc).
Anyways, Im sure some of you all know someone deaf, or someone who interprets, or something.

The real discussion will start soon after all middle finger jokes are out of the way
Quote by SlayingDragons
I know a bit. I'm not proficient in it, but I could probably keep up a conversation with a deaf person.

thats one thing i love about ASL. if you know only the alphabet, chances are you can end up communicating with someone. it just takes a while.
thats how i first started learning. lunch with a girl who was Deaf. sit down and start spelling EVERYTHING. finish lunch and all i had said was HELLO HOW ARE YOU haha
Quote by xadioriderx
jamsesh!!

or was that a gay joke?

what part are you from? im repping the Wilson-to-the-ville (South end of PDX)

I'm actually about 5000 miles East of Oregon and have maybe a little too much penis to be considered female
I just noticed the OR in your location and guessed what state that was.
Male
Portland, OR (although I will be moving to Tacoma for school)

I have a friend who knows it. I learned a tiny bit. I am going to take ASL classes my sophomore year (waited to long to sign up for classes).
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
m
Snow Lake Manitoba
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by SG_dave
I'm actually about 5000 miles East of Oregon and have maybe a little too much penis to be considered female
I just noticed the OR in your location and guessed what state that was.

haha, bastard.
i didnt figure you were a female, considering... "dave" in your name. lol

east coast edumacation lacking? you saw OR and guessed which state?
Quote by xadioriderx
thats one thing i love about ASL. if you know only the alphabet, chances are you can end up communicating with someone. it just takes a while.
thats how i first started learning. lunch with a girl who was Deaf. sit down and start spelling EVERYTHING. finish lunch and all i had said was HELLO HOW ARE YOU haha

Haha, well, I know a bit more than the alphabet. I took ASL 2 in school just this year, so I know a lot of the basic signs.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Haha, well, I know a bit more than the alphabet. I took ASL 2 in school just this year, so I know a lot of the basic signs.

where are you from?
many signs are regional, so even between california and oregon some things are signed differently, would be interesting to compare some. although its a bit tough on here to compare, unless you know Stokoe Notation, which im highly doubting, unless youre a closet linguist
Sexy 18 year old female, blonde blue eyes, Oregon lookin for some sexy time

AEDIT: Screw it the joke's been done

Nah I don't really know sign language, always wanted to learn it though.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 14, 2011,
Quote by xadioriderx
where are you from?
many signs are regional, so even between california and oregon some things are signed differently, would be interesting to compare some. although its a bit tough on here to compare, unless you know Stokoe Notation, which im highly doubting, unless youre a closet linguist

I'm from ye olde maryland, in a tiny town so obscure you've probably never even heard of it. I know signs differ from place to place, but they're overall mostly the same, or have some small differences that can be easily figured out. And if not, then you can always just ask what a particular sign means.

And I only took sign language because I'm not a linguist. I'm horrible with languages.