Alright, to start this off, i want to apologise if the answer to my question has been answered anywhere, i'm not used to using forums, and i don't know much about how they work.

Down to the question; I'm looking for a wah pedal at the moment. I've played guitar for about 3 years, but i have been playing very casually (just practicing with myself in my bedroom playing songs i like). Recently however, i started getting more serious about my playing. I've played some random gigs, and finally got myself a proper amplifier that fits my needs. I have never played with any pedals or effects as, being as casual as i was, i didn't really see any reason to spend a lot of money on it.

I'm now in the market however, and am looking for a wah pedal with a fat tone fit for hard rock and metal. The tone i'm looking for is a Slash ish kind of wah tone. I know he has a signature wah pedal out, but i've never liked signature guitar gear, as i'm against the whole "you're paying double price because my name/logo/whatever is on it."

If anyone has any alternatives it would be great. A friend of mine told me Vox wah's are great, however another friend is telling me they dont sound good on high-gain setups.

The gear i use:
ESP LTD EC-500 fitted with EMG pickups
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
I use a CryBaby, and I believe that's what Slash uses too. I love the pedal I have, I think it was only $70. Where do you live, is there any music stores around you?
you're a stone fox
Crybaby wah's tend to be a bit harsh sounding sometimes (in my opinion, your's might be different), I don't know about the Vox, but the if the sound you are looking for is the slash tone, go for the regular crybaby.
I think your best bet is to try each with your setup, either in a guitar shop, if they stock your amp, bring along your guitar, or see if someone you know has one, even if they don't recommend it (50% of your sound is in your fingers).
you won't get slash tone out of the gear you have to begin with. if you want a good flexible wah then i'd look into an Ibanez WH 10.
weeeell id look at the Vox big bad wah i really like those.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
i have a vox v845, it sounds amazing and works great with high gain. the only problem is the first 2 that i had died really quickly but guitar center gave me a full refund and i bought the same pedal again because it sounded so good. I think I just got unlucky with he other 2 because this one is still working. its only $70 new at guitar center and if it breaks on you, they will give you a full refund so id definitely check it out if i were you.

oh and get a 9 volt power adapter because the batteries suck.
I'm pretty sure there is an "official wah thread" kicking about on GG&A, have a quick search for it, pretty helpful for me when i bought mine (crybaby 535q).

But yeah, you have a right opinion about sig gear though.
call me ziggy.
I live in Denmark. I live.. Well literally right next to a music store, i just wanted to hear some people's opinions before i went to try some out. Also, i'm not looking for the exact tone Slash has, it's just the best way to explain the kind of wah effect i'm looking for. I've been looking at some different reviews on youtube and a lot of the wah's i've seen seem to be somewhat underwhelming, while others just seem to be too extreme. My friend has a Vox wah, which i played. It felt quite underwhelming (the effect of it) to me, but i'm wondering if this is because i was playing on a low-gain amp at the time.
Quote by GuitardudeDK
I live in Denmark. I live.. Well literally right next to a music store, i just wanted to hear some people's opinions before i went to try some out. Also, i'm not looking for the exact tone Slash has, it's just the best way to explain the kind of wah effect i'm looking for. I've been looking at some different reviews on youtube and a lot of the wah's i've seen seem to be somewhat underwhelming, while others just seem to be too extreme. My friend has a Vox wah, which i played. It felt quite underwhelming (the effect of it) to me, but i'm wondering if this is because i was playing on a low-gain amp at the time.

just so you know wah's tend to do better in low gain situations. some of the newer ones are designed to work well in high gainsituations however that doesn't appy to a slash sound. wah's also tend to really like fuzz pedals.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Get the Dunlop 535q. They go cheap used and you can tweak the sound if it's too harsh for you.

That's the kitchen sink right there......
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"