I've recently bought a bass guitar and planning on teaching myself rather than getting a teacher. However I've been searching the internet and am having trouble finding any good websites to teach myself from. If anyone knows of any good websites or books that they can tell me about I would be very greatfull

cheers.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
dmanlamius.com

His lessons are super easy and will definitely get you started in no time at all.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Buried a few pages in the FAQ is a list I did a while back. But for starters, you can't go wrong with Hal Leonard's Bass Method 1 -3 combined volume.
Once you know a little bit and get some theory ingested, john myung has a book/dvd called progressive bass concepts.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by vampirelazarus
Once you know a little bit and get some theory ingested, john myung has a book/dvd called progressive bass concepts.

I didn't know Myung's video was made on DVD. Do you know where one can find it for sale?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I didn't know Myung's video was made on DVD. Do you know where one can find it for sale?

I dont know actually, I came across it on youtube. Maybe it isnt a dvd... only video...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/books-videos-music/hal-leonard-progressive-bass-concepts--john-myung-video
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.