Hey, Im heading off to my college which is 4 hours away and was wondering if I should bring my cd collection, I love it and would like to have it with me, but im worried it will get stolen. so is it a good idea to bring 300+ albums?
You'd need to be pretty muscly to get away with 300 CDs at once. You heard me. Muscly.
If I were you I'd just transfer all of them to an MP3 player. Saves you the time, space, and you still get all the songs only all in one device.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I would but I'd keep a lock on my door. I love my CD collection a lot.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

You could risk getting them stolen. I dunno why someone would but if there is a music junkie out there that needs his fix, he will shank you and take it from you.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
What is this, 1999?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
leave em at home bro. thats a nice collection, and should remain a collection. unless you have them under lock and key, people will ask to borrow, and its harder to keep saying no than it is to not have the situation arise in first place.
Just put them on your computer and iPod. Then, leave the cds at home where they're safe. Just make sure your parents don't sell them or anything.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Don't bring them if you'll be staying in a res or a large apartment building where there's a high risk of them being stolen. That's what iPods are for. If you're moving into a secure building and you're confident that they won't be stolen, bring them. I have all of my albums (300+ CDs and 50+ vinyl LPs) in my student apartment, but the main door and my bedroom door have very secure locks. I didn't bring them when I previously lived in res or a high rise.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
If you have an iPod, don't take them. Theres no point.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I wouldn't, especially if you can listen digitally. They'll take up space and be an object for theft and/or "borrowing." Either way you won't get the CD back.
Quote by WCPhils
If you have an iPod, don't take them. Theres no point.

But he'll look totally awesome with 300 CDs stacked up in his dorm!

What's that? You say he won't? He'll look like a complete turd? Well I'll be damned.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
Don't bring them if you'll be staying in a res or a large apartment building where there's a high risk of them being stolen. That's what iPods are for. If you're moving into a secure building and you're confident that they won't be stolen, bring them. I have all of my albums (300+ CDs and 50+ vinyl LPs) in my student apartment, but the main door and my bedroom door have very secure locks. I didn't bring them when I previously lived in res or a high rise.

Im living on campus in a dorm. I will have a roommate, unless he leaves the door open they most likely wont get stolen
Yeah, no point if you have the music elsewhere anyway. I wouldn't take any of mine.
Just take loads of DVDs and video games if you want to look cool with a big stack of something on your shelf.
Quote by wyldething
But he'll look totally awesome with 300 CDs stacked up in his dorm!

What's that? You say he won't? He'll look like a complete turd? Well I'll be damned.

well Ill be trolled!
Quote by curiousjoe
well Ill be trolled!

I'm not trying to troll you, bud. You will legitimately look like a turd if you have stacks upon stacks of CDs in your dorm. Not to mention the space they will fill. Free space is at a premium in dorms (especially with a roommate), and you are going to immediately regret bringing them.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Why do you need to bring 300+ cds to college? I highly doubt that you'll listen to them all. Just take the ones you absolutely must have or, as others have suggested, use an mp3 player/external hard drive.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Put them all on your computer/external hard drive so they are readily available.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Save yourself the trouble and DON'T bring them. They serve literally no purpose to you other than sitting there and looking cool(?). $20 says if you bring them, in a month you'll regret it. With dorm space, every foot is crucial, and it'll just end up being beyond inconvenient.
NOPE