just wondering
what exactly does it do that leads to being cold?
same when u dip hot metal in water, why does it cool it
is it heat exchange?
Water is an excellent heat sink, it has a high heat of vaporization.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
wow.

your body radiates heat, the best insulator is a vacuum, since water is dense and air is not, the radiated heat is insulated by air, and therefore you stay warm, when you get into water, more heat exchange occurs due to waters density, and therefore you physically have less energy being retained that your body produces and you feel cold.

same reasoning for the hot metal
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Ibarshall_X
just wondering
what exactly does it do that leads to being cold?
same when u dip hot metal in water, why does it cool it
is it heat exchange?

If you dip hot metal into cold water it will cool it due to heat exchange yes.

Once your cooling medium is at a temperature less than what you want to cool, it will cool it.

Example, steam at say 100C can be used to cool a boiler at 250C.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Because WATER is cold. The end.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Because WATER is cold. The end.

identical temperature air and identical temperature water that is room temp you will feel colder in the water
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
wow.

your body radiates heat, the best insulator is a vacuum, since water is dense and air is not, the radiated heat is insulated by air, and therefore you stay warm, when you get into water, more heat exchange occurs due to waters density, and therefore you physically have less energy being retained that your body produces and you feel cold.

^Pff....
Fück that shit!

It's all god, ya know?
It's his way of telling you to masturbate less.
Do not question our almighty God.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by JimmyBanks6
wow.

THANK YOU!
****in' miracles man.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Water has a high specific heat. Which is how much energy it takes to change a gram of substance's temperature one degree. Water's specific heat is roughly 4 joules/(gram*Celsius), whereas metals are usually 0.5 or around there. So when you stick hot metal in water it releases a lot of energy, but water absorbs it all without changing temperature much. That's why get cold in water that is the same temperature as you.
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Water doesn't always make you cold. Have you ever taken a hot bath?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Water can actually help keep you warm, too. For example, if you're camping in the winter, your body converts food into energy, which keeps you warm. Like putting logs on a fire. Your body needs water to help with this process (as well as every other bodily process), therefore, your body can't turn food into heat without water.