So i just bought myself a fender telecaster, and it has the newer style 6 saddle bridge. i love it to death.

but ive always pictured teles with the old style 3 saddle ashtray bridges. it just seems to fit it better. i want to know, other than a more accurate intonating with the modern style bridge, is there any difference between the old 3 saddle and the new 6 saddle bridge?

also, with the 6 saddle bridges, the strings are set through the body of my guitar. would that mean i couldnt put on an older style bridge? or do the older styles go through the guitar as well?

thanks guys!
Quote by Pillo114
In all seriousness though, man up. What do you want us to do? Sue them for hurting your heavy feelings?
You could get a 3 saddle that is string through. Does your new tele have the barrel style saddles or the strat style saddles? I'd say the big difference is that the vintage 3 saddles are brass and the newer bridges are steel.
Acoustically, there isn't much difference (other than from materials used or one-off defects like an air pocket in the metal) but 3 saddle bridges are a nightmare to intonate.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
I've seen compensated saddles on Stew-Mac that supposedly offer better intonation than the standard 3-saddle while still being a 3-saddle bridge. I can't say whether they work or not, though, and I doubt that you could retrofit them on your 6-saddle bridge.
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
strat style saddles. ive looked em over, and so far theres no practical reason for me to switch. which means for now ill save myself some time and cash and stick with what i got. thank you kindly for the input, gentlemen.
Quote by Pillo114
In all seriousness though, man up. What do you want us to do? Sue them for hurting your heavy feelings?
i got a wilkinson for a squier project, loving it so far. 30 bucks from gfs
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp