Hey evryone... I saw this post on Pink Floyd's facebook and was wondering what you thought...

From the responses so far, Dark Side Of The Moon is the Floyd album most wanted on a desert island! Here's your top ten, for your solar powered music player:
1. DSOTM - 25.5%
2. The Wall - 18.1%
3. Animals - 14.4%
4. Wish You Were Here - 13.1%
5. Meddle - 6.3
6. The Division Bell - 6.1%
7. Echoes (Best of) - 3.9%
8. A Momentary Lapse of Reason - 3.7%
9. PULSE - 3.5%
10. Piper/Ummagumma - both 2.6%

To me... there are several things wrong with this list, WITHOUT the absence of some of their best albums

1- Echoes, the greatest hits record, and PULSE, live album, should not count in my opinion....
2-Where the hell is Saucerful of Secrets? Not my fav... but should have made the list
3-I'll be damned when a true Pink Floyd fan tells me they think that The Wall or DSOTM is better than Animals or Meddle
4- How did they figure out a tie, when this wasn't even a poll, and it was based on the comments on a status they posted?
5- I think Facebook is a very dumb way of putting together a list like this.... I have 46 friends on FB that 'like' Pink Floyd and half of them couldn't tell you who Roger Waters is.... and all they know is The Wall and DSOTM

My list would go something like this:

1. Meddle
2. Animals
3. Piper
4. WYWH
5. Saucerful of Secrets
6. Ummagumma
7. Atom Heart Mother
8. DSOTM
9. The Final Cut
10. The Wall

AND don't troll on my list.... i'll respect your opinion... so respect mine. DON'T BE A DICK!
Quote by frankv
Animals is a great, great album, but Dark Side of the Moon is an immense album. Great songs, cohesive, great solos et cetera.

Also, it's a poll on FB. Get over it.

I actually just got bored... I thought it would be something to kill time with by posting about it on here... I'm stupid... but I'm not so stupid to care about a facebook poll lol
Quote by frankv
Animals is a great, great album, but Dark Side of the Moon is an immense album. Great songs, cohesive, great solos et cetera.

Also, it's a poll on FB. Get over it.

Agreed. Not about the albums (I dont care for Pink Floyd) but about the getting over it part. Way too strong a reaction for a facebook poll.

And really if you would actually read the poll it says "album most wanted on a desert island" so wouldnt the greatest hits album be a big choice for many people? Personally that just seems like the smartest route, so why would it not count?
Quote by frankv

I own every floyd studio album, several on vinyl, can play a lot of their songs, went to see the australian floyd cos I'm not old enough to have caught the original etc. and say this not because I'm trying to impress y'all with the size of my penis, but just to demonstrate that I am definitely a true fan, and I think Dark Side Of The Moon is - hands down - their best album by a country mile.

Why is this thread in modern rock and not the pink floyd thread in the classic rock forums?
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/