Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the Guitar Accessories page but I guess this doesn't really fit there any better, so here it goes.

I recently made an app for myself, that generates all available scales for a given chord. You give it a chord (e.g Cmaj7 9, #11) and it gives you back a list of all available scales you can play over this chord and draws them on the entire fretboard. You can also see the scales for entire songs or progressions and it has some bells and whistles, like it allows for all kinds of tunings, supports 7 string guitars etc etc.. I'm a jazz guitarist so that kind of thing is really useful for me.

Anyway, it came out pretty well and I decided to put it out there for free (and it will stay free) on the App store (It's an iPhone app). However, I want to make this app better and I am looking for feedback as to what kinds of things to put in there in addition to what it has so it is useful to most guitarists, not just me. Like, what would be good to have in addition to generating the scales, what other things would help with learning, improvising over those chords etc etc.

If you care for such a thing, check it out and let me know, its called ChordScales and you can easily find it in the app store. I'm really interested in what people would suggest, so let me know!

Thanks, keep shredding'!

LA
Adbot? I don't even know anymore.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
AdPerson is more like it.

Who would pick a username based on something their advertising if they weren't advertising it?

It is free though. Hmm...
Adbots advertising free things!?

i think i might actually look this up
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Holy ****sakes almighty, they are learning FAST! And learning LOTS!

Reported...
I hope it's an adbot.. cause I reported it.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
this is actually helpful. thanks, man, it's great
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Um..Hi, I am a real person and I picked my username according to my app, thats true, but all I wanted was to collect feedback.

I'm sorry if this post offended someone, I didn't intent to, nor was this post ment to "advertise", I am a single person, not a company looking for profiting out of something, just thought I can get some good feedback.

I will gladly delete this post if it is inappropriate.

Thanks
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Perhaps give suggestions as to which notes to emphasise for the chosen chord/scales, or some example phrases.

I like that. The example phrase may show you how to resolve tensions and to treat chord-tones and non-chord tones musically

cool idea!

Thanks
Next time you post something don't sound like such a tool. (lulz get it cuz bots are tools!)
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Interesting. You can play any scale over any chord and visa versa. It all depends on what you play and what you play. Every chord is every chord at once, every scale is every scale at once. Eventually. That's music.
Surely it would need to be a chord progression instead of a single chord, otherwise you'd have no idea what the root was.
^ he said chord progressions too
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by DutchGuitarmani
Interesting. You can play any scale over any chord and visa versa. It all depends on what you play and what you play. Every chord is every chord at once, every scale is every scale at once. Eventually. That's music.

LOL...Well, yes, kind of , it all resolves to the chromatic scale doesn't it

But on a less philosophical level, there are things we can kind of call "rules" or at least guidelines, so thats where its useful
perfect idea. seriously. Exactly what I need. But If only I had an iphone ._.
Android version, please
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by Lagunaguitar
Android compatibility would be great

Well, sure...Unfortunately, like I said, I just made this for myself originally and only later decided to give it away. So I don't have an Android device ...But I accept donations )

Just kidding!
Put it in the Mac App Store too... for me >_> my ipod touch was stolen.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by papershredder
Put it in the Mac App Store too... for me >_> my ipod touch was stolen.

Now this might happen, but again, its a free app, basically a "labor of love" and I do have a full time job and a a family so.... I'm not sure if it will happen soon...BUT, it will be easier than the Android version

Thanks though!

Bummer on the iPod
Of course! I understand that, though once you've attracted a lot of people with your free app you'll have a market ready for if you decide to develop something new and charge for it
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by papershredder
Of course! I understand that, though once you've attracted a lot of people with your free app you'll have a market ready for if you decide to develop something new and charge for it

sure...If that ever happens, you got the Android version too
Ah, I see. Sorry, I didn't know you weren't an adbot. I thought you were an adbot that was really smart.
No hard feelings brah.
It's a neat idea too, btw. Too bad I don't own a phone.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I've got an app like that, it's called my brain!
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

i love how no one can tell if it's an adbot anymore. That's when you know technology is getting too powerful.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Sounded like a great idea, so I go to Appstore, and.... I need 4.2 to download it... I have 3.3 or whatever, 4.2 was horrible on my POS 3g. Quite outdated, I know. Anyways, it's a great idea nonetheless!
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Quote by captaincrunk
You're not really supposed to advertise, spambot or not.

I don't think he was advertising as much as asking for reviews of his app... and it is a not-for-profit, genuinely useful app.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by captaincrunk
You're not really supposed to advertise, spambot or not.

Quit being a sour puss...

Awesome app you made, if only I had an iphone. I'll inform my friends of this app!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
...or you could learn how scales and chords are constructed, giving you an instant solution to any scalar/harmonic problem in your head.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2