So, I'll start with pictures, because that's what people usually look for in these topics. :P

Outside of the case...

The inside of the case...

The guitar itself is a Gibson as well.

Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red! ;D

Review in short:

I had always played a Les Paul up until now, so this is a major difference to play for me.

It's a light guitar and it's a bit neck heavy, but with my strap, it stays in place just fine and doesn't dive.

Quality-wise, this is a big step up from my Epiphone Les Paul Standard (which I do like), but I was looking for something different. I have played the explorer, the V, a Les Paul Standard, some Fenders, some Jacksons and a couple of ESP's, and this one came out on top for me.

It feel incredibly nice and just suits everything. I like the cleans, the aggresive rock and searing metal tones it can bring and versatility really is key in this guitar. I always thought a Les Paul or a PRS would be the most versatile guitar, but an SG feels like a Les Paul on steroids. More output and more bite.

For the rest, the neck is more comfortable than the bat-like neck my Les Paul has and I can play a lot faster on the SG than I can on my Les Paul.

All in all, it's versatile and it sounds good for about anything.

I might record clips if someone wanted, but I think there are enough clips of the SG to be found with better playing than mine.
That is a pretty guitar. HNGD!
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
I love the heritage cherry SG's these guitars are sex in guitar form.

HNGD!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Awesome!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Beautiful Guitar. HNGD!
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
You have me GASing for one now Too bad I don't like how SGs feel

HNGD!
Hngd
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by wolvenrick
happy new sg day! now play yourself some classic SG tunes

Been there, done that! This guitar just screams for ACDC, Sabbath and the likes. :P But I find you can play about anything on this guitar, if the amp it's paired up with is versatile enough. ^^
Congrats mate, HNGD
Quote by seemeel
He needs a new amp. Definitely. The Spider IIIs are potentially the worst sounding amplifiers you can buy.