Poll: Do you believe it is possible for an album to be perfect?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe it is possible for an album to be perfect?
Yes
316 79%
No
83 21%
Voters: 399.
Page 5 of 9
Humbug - Arctic Monkeys

All their other albums i'm not a big fan of the closer, but jeweller's hands is one of their best songs

and every other song on that album is incredible, cornerstone took a while to grow on me but now it has, definitely a perfect album
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Radiohead - OK Computer

This. The Bends aswell - both them albums don't have one bad song. Brilliant albums
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by NinjaLamppost
Humbug - Arctic Monkeys

All their other albums i'm not a big fan of the closer, but jeweller's hands is one of their best songs

and every other song on that album is incredible, cornerstone took a while to grow on me but now it has, definitely a perfect album

For some reason it's only My Propellor and Dangerous Animals that get stuck in my head though.
Bon Iver - Bon Iver (2011)

That album is just brilliant, from start to finish.

Even the smallest sounds made by any instrument completes each and every song (trumpets on Perth etc.).

Tasty, tasty album it is.
Im a Pro.......Face It

Yup.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Kezia, is the perfect album in my opinion.

Fortress for me.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Are You Experienced?
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Bringing It All Back Home
Doolittle

Maybe Frances the Mute, Songs for the Deaf and Sublime (s/t)
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
part 2

if anybody agrees with any of them, send me a friend request. if you don't, what the hell, still send me a friend request.

i really need some friends
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by dullsilver_mike
It's not high art or anything, but the Pumpkins, IMO mastered the album as a whole the way most people just focus on songs. The balance and combination of songs is brilliant in pretty much all of their albums, but it reaches perfection in Mellon Collie.
I thought about putting this in, but I've only listened to the album maybe three times so I couldn't really judge it. But from what I remember, its ****ing amazing.

Edit: And plus a fucking shitload for Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, I can't be arsed requoting the picture though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Aug 15, 2011,

On an unrelated note, I've only just noticed how much Frances the Mute's cover doesn't match the album.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Both albums from The Mayan Factor.
Also say Metropolis Pt. 2, Octavarium, Variations on a Dream, DSotM, and maybe Dreamhouse and Blue Sky Noise, purely because all the songs on both those last two album are unbelievably catchy, which I guess can only be a good thing?
Defenders of the Faith! -Judas Priest! If only they combined Heavy Duty and the Title Track.. The 2 never appear next to each other..
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Linkin park - Hybrid theory is close to perfect, there is not a song that is bad on there at all, all of them are awesome

Deftones - white pony is pretty much perfect.

Quote by genghisgandhi
, Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

YES! This is actually the perfect album, its a masterpiece
Last edited by mikeyknowsbetter at Aug 15, 2011,
Queen II is a perfect album. It's a true masterpiece
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
IMO, Crack the Skye is a perfect album. I love every second of it.

This right here. Amazing from start to finish, even the song that are over 10 minutes long
I think they can. Come Now Sleep by As Cities Burn, All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone by Explosions in the Sky, and Deja Entendu by Brand New are all absolutely perfect.
If I love every song on the album, it's a perfect album.

Colors - Between The Buried And Me
Downtown Battle Mountain II - Dance Gavin Dance
Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden
British Steel - Judas Priest (Not counting that shitty bonus track)
I find Holographic Universe by Scar Symmetry to be perfect. Not a single moment that I would change/that I dislike
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Absolutely - Bruce Dickinson's Chemical Wedding album is pure perfection. As are Maiden's Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son albums, Satch's Strange Beautiful Music and AC/DC's Back In Black and Cynic's Focus.

PM if you'd like to collaborate on any rock/hard rock/metal stuff
      Quote by patman90
      Bon Iver - Bon Iver (2011)

That album is just brilliant, from start to finish.

Even the smallest sounds made by any instrument completes each and every song (trumpets on Perth etc.).

Tasty, tasty album it is.

I can't for the life of me find why people like Bon Iver.
      Kezia - Protest the Hero

There is no other answer
      ___

Quote by The_Blode
      she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
      Quote by maggot9779
      Frames by Oceansize is up there for me. I can listen to it over and over and the songs get stuck in my head for days afterwards.

You sir win.

The first three Oceansize albums are FAULTLESS. Absolutely faultless.
      I implore anyone who is seriously interested in 'thinking man's music' to listen to these albums. Just stunning.

The only other two albums I rate anywhere near those, for completely different reasons, are:

Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
      DJ Shadow - Entroducing.

Both incredible albums in their own right.
      Quote by babakkatt
      Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
      Quote by frnzd
      You sir win.

The first three Oceansize albums are FAULTLESS. Absolutely faultless.
      I implore anyone who is seriously interested in 'thinking man's music' to listen to these albums. Just stunning.

Agreed. Except I think all four are faultless.

Pretty much my idea of a perfect album.
      Quote by skater dan0
      Damn you and your ninja-like modding
      Quote by BenRaah
      Agreed. Except I think all four are faultless.

Don't get me wrong, some of them are spectacular on their last one, but equally I actually found a couple of the slower ones boring which I hadn't done on any previous album.
      Quote by babakkatt
      Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
      Some of them took a while to grow on me (a penny's weight in particular) but now I love the whole thing to bits.
      I've never heard a perfect album, but for me, The Human Abstract's Digital Veil comes damn close. It's heavy, it's intelligent, it's melodic, it displays technical skill, and it's very classical (more romantic though.)

^Click the picture
      Check out my band Disturbed
      Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 15, 2011,
      Hawkwind - Space Ritual
      Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii (video, I know, but whatever) and DSoTM
      Motorhead - Bomber
      Can - Tago Mago
      Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality

Perfect albums in my opinion.
      Obviously its down to opinion but:

I believe captures who this band are and why they aren't who they were anymore.

Oh, and only the '99 version! Purity is needed. Flow is ruined on the re-issue.
      I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
      Last edited by JonnyH at Aug 15, 2011,