The rough recording is up on my profile: Enjoy!
La Oración (The Prayer)

I am lost/ Where’s the light?
Wandering/in the night
Reaching out/swimming for
Any answer/any shore

Estoy perdido/Donde esta la luz?
Estoy bagando/en la noche
Estoy llegando/esperando
Ninguna respuesta/cualquire costa

Chorus:
Magdalena
I’m down on my knees
Lift me up high
Grant me your grace

Magdalena
I want to believe
Remove my doubts
Restore my faith

Repeat 2nd Verse
Repeat Chorus twice

Outro:
Oye mi oración
Oye mi canción
Oye mi oración
Oye mi corazon

(translation:
Hear my prayer
hear my song
hear my prayer
hear my heart)
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Quote by lmcd
The rough recording is up on my profile: Enjoy!
La Oración (The Prayer)

I am lost/ Where’s the light?
Wandering/in the night
Reaching out/swimming for
Any answer/any shore

I really like this verse. It feels slightly dissonant and melancholy. I really like that you could remove the first half of every line or the second half of every line and still have a coherent flow of thoughts, very interesting.

Estoy perdido/Donde esta la luz?
Estoy bagando/en la noche
Estoy llegando/esperando
Ninguna respuesta/cualquire costa

I don't know much Spanish, but this seems to be a translation of the first verse. I dig it.

Chorus:
Magdalena
I’m down on my knees
Lift me up high
Grant me your grace

I wasn't expecting this piece to get onto the subject of faith, especially so explicitly. I don't usually like that sort of thing (I'm not a man of faith, myself) but I rather like the way you used it here.

Magdalena
I want to believe
Remove my doubts
Restore my faith

I really like that the second and fourth lines in this part rhyme with the second and fourth lines in the first part. Most of the lines are a little cliche and often used in songs about faith, but I really like this chorus.

Repeat 2nd Verse
Repeat Chorus twice

Outro:
Oye mi oración
Oye mi canción
Oye mi oración
Oye mi corazon

(translation:
Hear my prayer
hear my song
hear my prayer
hear my heart)

I love this outro; the repetition coupled with the simplicity of it just gets me in the best way. I also like how prayer, song, and heart are all similar in Spanish.

I really enjoyed reading this. You used both Spanish and English very well in expressing your idea, and the wording (though simple) was relatable and catchy. The flow was good, and I didn't really run into anything that stood out as needing to be changed or fixed. Great work.

Quote by Winter Sky
I really enjoyed reading this. You used both Spanish and English very well in expressing your idea, and the wording (though simple) was relatable and catchy. The flow was good, and I didn't really run into anything that stood out as needing to be changed or fixed. Great work.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful crit. I'm not Christian myself, but living in New Mexico, it is ingrained in the culture here. I was surprised when this came out they way it did, but just went with the flow.

The song is an Am and then the outro changes to Gmaj, which gives an uplifting ending to the song, I think.

Thanks, again~
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes