Hey guys, im new to the guitar building stuff so hopefully you all can help me out. Ive been playing for a few years and have a pretty good idea about how guitars work (installing tuners, floyd bridges, neck and body assembly, etc.) im just a little iffy on the electronics. But, I decided to try to "build" (more like assemble) my own guitar. I planned on getting a pre-painted body and neck off of ebay, and order everything else off of guitarfetish.com. My question is, should these supplies go together good to make a nice guitar thats worth the money?
Body: http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAGONFIRE-GUITAR-BODY-FITS-JACKSON-WHITE-DINKY-/140554909896?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20b9b9b8c8
Neck: http://cgi.ebay.com/Reverse-Neck-JACKSON-Guitar-22-F-Maple-Sharkfins-/380283576223?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item588aaadf9f
And the Floyd bridge, pups, and everything else would come from guitar fetish. So, should that work? Sorry I sound like a noob, I just dont wanna fork out the money and be dissapointed in the end result.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Looks like they'er made for each other. You want to be sure the scale length and neck heel/pocket match.
thin slice o skin
I dont see why they wouldn't work, they seem made to fit each other. However I wouldn't buy your floyd from GF. All the other parts shouldn't make a difference but I've heard their floyds are terrible quality.
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Quote by ironmaiden_98
I dont see why they wouldn't work, they seem made to fit each other. However I wouldn't buy your floyd from GF. All the other parts shouldn't make a difference but I've heard their floyds are terrible quality.

That is one thing I was worried about. I thought about trying to find a black OFR on ebay, but that gets pretty expensive and seeing as how this is my first attempt at something like this, im trying to keep the cost at a minimum (already at $350 for all the parts). Do you have any other suggestions?
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
If you're going for a floyd, don't cheap out, get an OFR. Believe me, you can have the best set-up in the world, and none of the other copies will hold their tuning as well as an original, although I've heard the German Schallers are very good, too. If you can't afford one, I would suggest a copy so you can play your guitar while you save up, because I know it can be hard to drop that much cash at once. GF pickups are very good for the money, and you'll also need wire and a soldering iron to put it all together.
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Thats a good idea on getting a cheaper floyd to begin with and saving up for an original if I like how the guitar turns out. As for the wire and electronics and such, this is what I was planning on getting: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Complete-Strat-Upgrade-Electrical-Component-Kit_p_180.html Along with a lot of wire. Should that cover electronics?
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
It depends on what wiring scheme you're going with. Are you using single coils or humbuckers? Do you want individual volumes or a master volume? Tone controls? Any switches? Check out this page: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
There are A LOT of combinations and such so you can get some ideas for what you want to do. And don't let the two holes on the body limit you to just two pots. You can always drill more holes lol
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
Ill be using two humbuckers, and all I really want is a master volume, master tone, and a 3 way selector switch. I dont mess with tone much at all, and only use the volume as a master volume, not with each pickup. So I think that wiring kit should work for what I want. Btw, thanks for all the help guys!
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Try this http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/

It looks like they are the ones that make the neck and body you are looking at. I've ordered a few things from them before, they are reliable. They used to sell full kits, but I don't see it on their website anymore.

Like everyone else said, get an OFR for sure, but if you can't afford it and you need an LFR to hold you over until you can, Dragonfire has a Kramer LFR for $35. They also sells pretty decent active pickup for over half the price of EMGs, if you wanted to go that route.
Quote by rickygarcia90
If you're going for a floyd, don't cheap out, get an OFR. Believe me, you can have the best set-up in the world, and none of the other copies will hold their tuning as well as an original, although I've heard the German Schallers are very good, too. If you can't afford one, I would suggest a copy so you can play your guitar while you save up, because I know it can be hard to drop that much cash at once. GF pickups are very good for the money, and you'll also need wire and a soldering iron to put it all together.

+100 Most people that bitch about having issues with FR trems are using cheap copies or licensed clones. Get an OFR or a Schaller and avoid all that potential BS!

I'd like to point out that Schaller has manufactured "OFR" trems for Floyd Rose since the Kramer days. For all intents and purposes, Schaller = OFR. That being said, Schaller also manufactures its own 'licensed' FR tremolos, which IMO are a superior design to the OFR and are a more compact unit with shorter string lock screws.
Thanks again for the help guys. And W4RP1G, it looks like that Kahler LFR will be what ill get for now, at least until I decide if I like this guitar enough to spend the extra money on a OFR. I have a question about the locking nut as well, to install that on the neck I have picked out id simply have to drill a couple holes where the nut is supposed to go and screw it on, correct?
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by --{matt}--
Thanks again for the help guys. And W4RP1G, it looks like that Kahler LFR will be what ill get for now, at least until I decide if I like this guitar enough to spend the extra money on a OFR. I have a question about the locking nut as well, to install that on the neck I have picked out id simply have to drill a couple holes where the nut is supposed to go and screw it on, correct?

Pretty much. It should be a direct fit, it says it's routed for an R2 nut, and the LFR has an R2. So you should just need to drill to holes just big enough for the nut screws.