So I heard that it wasn't as good as the Edge-Pro or Edge-Zero. what's so bad about it? I might get an RG350EX (with Edge Zero 2) or S420 when I have enough money after I get a better amp.
You shouldn't assume there's something "bad about it" just because it's not as good as the high-quality hardware put in the Japanese models.

Which is also why it's not as good. Edge Pro and Zero are Prestige/J-Custom/LACS bridges.
Quote by JustRooster
It doesn't stay in tune, that's what's so bad about it.

Really? So it's like the Edge 3?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Don't listen to him. It hasn't even been out long enough for people to start having problems with it.

This. It took some people over a year to start experiencing problems with the Edge III, and the Edge Zero II has only been out for what, like 6 months now?
Quote by JustRooster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibanez_Edge#Ibanez_Edge_Pro-II_.282003.29

"Designed as a cheap version of the Edge Pro, to be installed on mid-level models. due to issues with Floyd Rose patents, it was replaced after a couple years by the Edge-III."

1) Wrong trem. Nice try, though.
2) It was replaced "due to issues with Floyd Rose patents". Patents. Not the bridge.
3) I've heard a lot of people say the Edge II was better than the Edge III.
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Aug 15, 2011,
what? no.

my ibanez has an edge zero two, i've abused the crap out of that thing and it's still in tune, it's fantastic compared to the edge iii or the edge zero

i was really surprsied
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
The Zero 2 is the latest one isn't it? They've only been in shops for not even six months. Don't expect any worthwhile opinions on them yet. It might be that they're bad but nobody has had one long enough for it to wear down which was the problem with the Edge III. Or it might be that they are good and people are just shitting on them already EXPECTING them to go bad. We're not really going to know how good they are until people have been using them for at least a year or so. If you cna't wait that long then just buy it now, if the bridge does wear out a year or two down the line then you can always replace it with a better version.
1. Get yoursepf to the nearest guitar store

2. Dive bomb that floating trem to hell and back

3. Play a sweet lil G chord

Judge for thyself from this point onwards....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
i don't get this, "it hasn't been out long enough" guff.

I haven't tried one (it may be fine... this is more about the larger point), but on the subpar trems i have tried it was immediately apparent, just by using the trem, that they weren't as good as an OFR, gotoh, etc.

Most of those cheaper trems, it's not just when they wear out when you get problems. They're not as nice from the get-go (try getting some nice flutter, for example)- just when they wear out they're tear-your-hair out annoying.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I want to know how it goes also. Also i don't think it's a matter of dive bombing and seeing if it's in tune because my Edge III can do that fine. The problem is that after a while the knife edges wear down so that when you do dive or pull up everything is slightly flat or sharp but otherwise still in tune with each other, just not in tune with the band or song that you're playing to.

So anyone with an extensively used Edge Zero II should share their experience?
Quote by Tom 1.0
Its ok.

Average at best.

It's better than an Edge III though, and it feels nicer to me. The Edge III's felt like toy trems.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
It's better than an Edge III though, and it feels nicer to me. The Edge III's felt like toy trems.

It's far better than an Edge III
Reported for necro-bump.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"