Page 1 of 2
Today, thanks to a friend whose relative knows nothing about the musical equipment he possesses, I picked up a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro for $400. It's a year old and he believed it was broken and offered me it for that price so I could put a new...everything in it and get it working again. I wanted a Les Paul anyway, so I purchased it scared of what might be wrong. Upon further inspection, it was a minor quality control problem. The wiring was sub-par. It had been used for less than a year when it appears to have had the soldering split somehow. Strange, but in my benefit, I fixed it myself about two hours ago and it's perfect. Now i'm deciding whether to keep it or sell it and make a hefty profit.

And now onto you, the reader: What kind of amazing deals have you made/come across?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Not judging you, but i would feel a little guilty and probably give him the guitar back and tell him hes lucky im a good friend.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
I've been judging myself for that reason for a while, but I told my friend and he said not to worry about it so i'll try to stop caring.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Pics or it didn't happen.

This.

The best deals I've gotten so far, have been my Alesis Midiverb IV ($200+ new, got mine for $50) and a Roland E-5 keyboard that I got for $15, which seems to sell for $300+ these days.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Noob question, but how do I attach a picture to a reply?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

^ Upload it to a website like imageshack or imgur, then take the link that ends in .jpg or .jpeg or whatever the format is, paste it in the reply box with (Invalid img) tags around it.

Make sure you resize it, though, we can't really look at 4000x3000 images on the forums...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I got a C1 Classic for $100 bucks cause it had a wiring issue like yours. I fixed it for 60 bucks. I held onto it though.

I also got a Buzzbomb for $300
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by diceksox1809
I got a C1 Classic for $100 bucks cause it had a wiring issue like yours. I fixed it for 60 bucks. I held onto it though.

I also got a Buzzbomb for $300

I love those Classics. Not a Schecter man, but I like the style. I googled this earlier to see how bad of a person I am and it's a common occurence for people apparently. Will help me sleep better at night:P
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by CaparisonCore
I love those Classics. Not a Schecter man, but I like the style. I googled this earlier to see how bad of a person I am and it's a common occurence for people apparently. Will help me sleep better at night:P

Well I took a chance on mine cause I had no idea on what was wrong with the guitar and didnt know if it would be a 10 dollar fix or a 300 dollar fix.

You took a risk as well cause you weren't totally sure what was wrong with the guitar. I wouldn't feel bad about the deal you made at all

I'll trade you my C1 Classic and Tele for your Traditional.....

That is if your in Manchester NH and not in the UK...
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I get parts for pedal building at rock bottom prices.

I've probably paid, over the last 2 years, about $1500 for all the parts I have.
Ebay, retail prices put my collection at near 75k.

My best single score, money-wise, was 4 - 2N1150 (the shiney ones) for probably about 10 cents. Like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Style-2N1150-TI-1962-Transistor-Gold-Leads-Vintage-/370288115698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5636e43ff2
I'll probably put them in a fuzz.
Quote by whyze250f
Not judging you, but i would feel a little guilty and probably give him the guitar back and tell him hes lucky im a good friend.

This
You sound like an asshole trying to profit off a freinds family
Thats how the world is now though people will screw anyone over if they profit by it.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
This
Thats how the world is now though people will screw anyone over if they profit by it.

I don't work on Wall Street. This is one man, who doesn't play an instrument, who has all this crap and just wants to get rid of it. Do I feel guilty? Yes. Do I think it's that huge of a deal? Not at all. He still got more out of it by me buying it than having it sit around in his garage for the rest of his life, which seems like where it was going to be.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Not gonna lie, maybe its just the sidewise-ness of the image, but at first glance I feel like something is fishy about that Les Paul. The horn looks...off.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Probably just the angle. It's legit. I made sure of that.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

this series of deals:

the strat i bought with a marshall MG (sold for $40) together for $200

and for that hamer, traded the previous MIM strat.

and for the WHite Jazz i traded the MIM strat

for those of you who don't know, the Gibson SG white jazz is 1/400 produced on a limited run.

so $160 for a rare Gibson in mint condtiton.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
this series of deals:

the strat i bought with a marshall MG (sold for $40) together for $200

and for that hamer, traded the previous MIM strat.

and for the WHite Jazz i traded the MIM strat

for those of you who don't know, the Gibson SG white jazz is 1/400 produced on a limited run.

so $160 for a rare Gibson in mint condtiton.

Wow. Quite a catch there.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Quote by slipknot_420
This

Did you miss this:
Quote by CaparisonCore
I've been judging myself for that reason for a while, but I told my friend and he said not to worry about it so i'll try to stop caring.

Sounds fair to me.
I don't wanna quote the image, but that's a beautiful Les Paul. I love that finish.

Also people should stop busting your balls for buying it, your friend said it was cool, so it's cool.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
here is another one. a MIM telecaster and a BBE sonic stomp for a Tama Starclassic Maple Hyperdrive 5 piece kit with hardware.

for cymbals i traded a JCA50 for a 20" Zildjan A ride, 18" A Custom Crash, 13"A hi hats, 10 splash, DW4000 double bass pedal and DW5000 hihat stand.

thats probaby $4-5k in drum gear for $600 headed his way.

funny thing is the gear was in a warehouse and the trade went down at 4:30 in the morning.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
My best friend bought a vintage early 60's Slingerlan drum set at a local thrift store for 60 bucks. Someone dropped it off after a relative died and they though it was a piece of shit cause it wasn't sold at musiciansfriend or guitarcenter. He asked how much it was and when they said 60 he was going to make sure but then one of the guys started to make fun that he was looking at the drumset so he said **** em and handed a few twenties over . Hoping when we start recording that he uses those instead of his Grestch kit if only for the vibe. Ive never had such luck but deals like this do happen. Best Ive ever done was a guy I used to work with gave me a vintage Ampeg Jet or Rocket, can't remember which but it had vibrato. It was free but not grounded so I got shocked every time I tried to play it for a month, can't complain I guess seeing as it was free.

If he didn't care enough to spend twenty bucks for someone to look at it to see if they could spot a problem, I don't see why you should feel guilty in any way.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
^ I see vintage kits go for pretty good prices on my craigslist fairly often, but not $60 good... that's amazing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Lol, like I said though that was just a local thrift store where people donate all kinds of stuff so the people running don't always know what they are looking at. He said the irony was that there was a record display two feet away and on one the drummer was play that same kit same finish and everything. I forgot to mention it came with a 60's ziljian ride, 14" high hats and a crash I can't remember was size that were worn enough where the name was almost worn off. They should definently fire whomever is in charge of pricing.

I thought I found a deal last week on CL. A guy had a 70's sound city head and cab all original speakers and everything priced at a cool $100. However when I called he apologized for the typo and corrected it to $1300. There are some great deals but rarely too great on CL around here since its Nashville and everybody pretty much knows what they have and how much its worth.

By the way TS, congrats on the $400 Gibby. Meant to put that in my other post.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Well, I bought my rp355 new for $167 on eBay instead of $200 everywhere else.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
+1

That's just wrong to treat your friend that way. What a shame.

Well, I bought my rp355 new for $167 on eBay instead of $200 everywhere else.

Did you read the part about his friend telling him not to worry?
He tried to give it back and was told to keep it.
What is he supposed to do, shove it down the friend's throat?
Drop it in the chimney?
Bash in the door with the guitar, pull a gun on his friend and force him to take it back?

My suggestion:
Get your friend a crate of beers as means of thanking him for this awesome deal.
the fact that your friend kept it together with the fact that the guitar would just sit unplayed at the friend's house leads me to say "Don't feel bad." It's kinda like you rescued the guitar. lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I really haven't bought/traded for much stuff recently, because I don't have much desire to get anything new (except for a bass stack), but there's a few things I can remember:

$500 > Krank Rev+ > $900

$100 > Duncan Convertible Combo w/ EVM-12L speaker

$250 > Line 6 Vetta Combo > Gibson Les Paul BFG

$225 > Ampeg VH-140C, Genz-Benz G-Flex 2x12 & bunch of pedals/cables

Ampeg VH-140C > Peavey Classic 30 > $350

Genz-Benz G-Flex 2x12 > Washburn WMS > Ibanez S1520 > $650

$1600 > Framus Cobra head and 4x12 cab > Soldano SLO100 head and 2x12 cab

Soldano SLO > $2400, still have cab > Diezel Herbert

$1000 > Roland TD-10 drumset > Jackson SL2H natural flame top w/ matching headstock

$600 > Fargen Miniplex > $1100

$100 > 1960 Fender Champ > Parker Fly Stealth

$350 > Line 6 Vetta HD > Peavey 6505+ w/ $600 worth of pedals and a board

Pedals from 6505+ trade > $600

Peavey 6505+ > Mesa Single Recto w/ road case > $1050

$250 > PDP CX 5 piece w/ high end Tama hardware

$300 > Zildjian A Custom: 20" ride, 16" crash, 14" hats, 14" crash > Sold all but 16" for $600

$100 > Marshall 1960b

I'm sure there's plenty more, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head

Quote by trashedlostfdup
here is another one. a MIM telecaster and a BBE sonic stomp for a Tama Starclassic Maple Hyperdrive 5 piece kit with hardware.

for cymbals i traded a JCA50 for a 20" Zildjan A ride, 18" A Custom Crash, 13"A hi hats, 10 splash, DW4000 double bass pedal and DW5000 hihat stand.

thats probaby $4-5k in drum gear for $600 headed his way.

funny thing is the gear was in a warehouse and the trade went down at 4:30 in the morning.

Meh... Not really. More like 2k, if that.

If it were me, I would end up selling all those cymbals except for the 18" Crash, and selling the double bass pedal as well. Still, a good deal none-the-less... but 4-5k it is not worth
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 15, 2011,
Way to cut a man down MC.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by whyze250f
Not this. $400 is a serious chuck of change to lay down for a guitar, and the guy knew enough to ask that much. He could of easily gone to eBay and checked completed listings or sought some professional advice.

Congrats to the OP for his find.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
Way to cut a man down MC.

Sorry, I'm just mad he won't trade me his V30s for my G12T-75s!

lol jk

But srs, someone trade me their speakers!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I was about to buy a Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 Head for about $950 when I came across a Roadster Head on CL for $1200, but that's about it.

I'm sure many people on here, myself included, don't even buy things anymore unless they're steals
Ben
Quote by muffinman123192
I was about to buy a Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 Head for about $950 when I came across a Roadster Head on CL for $1200, but that's about it.

I'm sure many people on here, myself included, don't even buy things anymore unless they're steals

Yep

There's a Krankenstein on my CL right now for $400, which is a pretty sweet deal... but I don't really want to have to sit on $400 for months before it sells for more
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by CaparisonCore

I can help you rid yourself of any guilt. Just send it to me free of charge and you'll be off the karma hook...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by MatrixClaw

Sorry, I'm just mad he won't trade me his V30s for my G12T-75s!

lol jk

But srs, someone trade me their speakers!

i have too many T75's already. i could go for a few more K100's thuogh.

and i did forget to mention i got a Gibraltar rack. it has three full sized angled pieces with three uprights, a ton of clamps and some other stuff. but idk, i don't know how much drum goes for... lol. that is just what my drummer told me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
here are sone cabinet deals.

4x12" Avatar w/ 2xV30's and 2x Celestion EVH sigs $160
4x12" Mesa Recto V30's $280
4x12" 80's Peavey cabinet with English Celestion K85's $100
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I got a 1976/'77 (not entirely sure) HH VS-Musician amp from the bassist out of my dad's old band for £60 - he found it to be a big waste of space, because he just couldn't get on with it. if i were posting this somewhere like harmony central or TGP, they'd be really condescending towards me if i said this, but, it's a really nice amp, actually. Just needs some new speakers and it'll sound absolutely stunning (it did through my cousin's cab with celestions) - the original speakers, though very crisp and clear sounding, suffer from horrible distortion in the higher frequencies, probably due to age/wear more than anything else.

I think the best deal i've ever had, though, was a free 1978 rickenbacker 4001. for the benefit of everyone jealously bitching at the TS, i'm not gonna give you any clues as to how i aquired it and let you draw your own conclusions, and satisfy your urge to let off some steam
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Page 1 of 2