I have a friend who's got a 1982 Alvarez-Yairi DY-90, and she's looking to sell it. She's a little technophobic, but wanted to know what the resale value for it might be so she asked me to look it up on "them internet forums." It's in pretty good shape, and it's got a solid Jacaranda back if I'm not mistaken. I can't find a price for it anywhere.
The DY-90 has a solid spruce top and laminated jacaranda back and sides.

I would guess the value would be somewhere in the $400 range...maybe a bit lower. As with anything though, it's worth what you can get someone to pay you for it. All solid woods would make it more valuable...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Yes. Age doesn't matter as much as you would think. It's a high entry-level guitar on a relatively offshoot brand...it's not a Martin D28 or a Gibson J45.

Gear:
Nothing off on RB13, but I've poked around a little and you should be able to get anywhere from $650 to $1100... but that's just what I've found. The price also depends on where its sold. Pawn shop - music store = low return. Maybe an eBay or Craigslist ad might get her what she's looking for.

From what I've seen, the Yairi's were all hand built and closely rival Martin's and are comparable in tone to both Martin and Gibson. They went through the Japanese lawsuit guitar thing too... so that's something to state in her ad too. Might bring a few more $$$.

The "Jacaranda" used is Brazilian Rosewood according to everything I can find. I suppose that's semantics though. I can't confirm or deny whether the back & sides are laminated or solid, although most Yairi's were all solid woods back in the day.

Age does have some bearing on the price of many an acoustic and electric alike, but we're not looking at a pre-war Martin here... so take that with a grain of salt. The Yairi in question is too young to command any "antique" pricing.
^ Everything I found said that it was laminated back and sides...if it was solid back and sides, that would certainly change things!

I would defer to you in any case...you probably have better resources than I do as far as pricing.

EDIT: Jacaranda has a different family (genealogically speaking than does Brazillian rosewood...but I've never been able to figure out exactly what that means. Evidently it's a kind of bolivian rosewood or pau ferro...but I can't confirm that anywhere.

I also figured out that this model is all solid woods, and I would believe the $650+ figure that Bill threw out there.

Gear:
Quote by roamingbard13
Jacaranda has a different family (genealogically speaking than does Brazillian rosewood...but I've never been able to figure out exactly what that means. Evidently it's a kind of bolivian rosewood or pau ferro...but I can't confirm that anywhere.

I also figured out that this model is all solid woods, and I would believe the $650+ figure that Bill threw out there.

Here you go... http://www.mangore.com/rosewood_names.html

The pricing was gathered from recent sales of that particular model & year of manufacture. I've seen a few go for a bit higher than the $1100 quote, but those were sold to people who can't haggle even a little. Of course the prices I've stated are based solely on the condition of the guitar... OTS - keep that in mind when you tell the friend the prices they COULD get.