so Im thinking of maybe trying to snag a TC G major 2 instead of buying a ton of chorus/reverb/delay pedals and whatever else Id need for my band.

but I will only be sold on the idea if i can utilize its relay switching for amp channels.
my 6534+ has the Peavey 7 Pin footswitch cable and ive heard of cable that run from the 7 pin into a stereo TRS/ 1/4" cable. would this be enough to switch from distortion to clean on my amp? for refernces sake its almost identical to a 6505+ layout wise. if such a cable exists, could i buy the parts and solder the cable together myself? what parts would i need?

and on a similar note, what would be a better idea for a foot controller? the berhinger fcb 1010 or the voodoo labs ground controll with an expression pedal?
kinda leaning towards the berhinger one as ive heard its one of the few quality products berhinger makes.
Quote by Offworld92

Not related to OP's post, but wow, I'd never seen one of those before... bookmarked for future reference.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Not related to OP's post, but wow, I'd never seen one of those before... bookmarked for future reference.

That's exactly what I did when it was first shown to me. It's expensive, but the potential it gives are mind boggling. My dream rig involves one of these and a Boss GT-10 (or 12, whenever that comes out). Heads will explode.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well i was thinking of controllin the G major through midi and using the relay switching on the gmajor to switch channels on my amp
you dont need the amp gizmo

you need a cable with the 6505's plug on one end, and a stereo trs plug on the other end. i used a g major 2 with my old peavey xxx, same jack, and i made a cable for it. it worked fine.

edit: i also used the behringer fcb1010. it worked great for me
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ok then, ill look into aming the cabe myself, if that goes over well then ill try putting the rest o it together.

whered you get the parts to make the cable?
i had 2 cables with the correct ends laying around. so i just cut them in half and spliced the wires together haha. i found a diagram somewhere of what each pin on the peavey plug did, and wired it up accordingly.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ok then, I found that Neutrik makes the cable ends i need, just have to ind out how to get them in canada, as I am not too keen on destroying my current footswitch cable
i'd send you mine if it was cheap lol. i live in louisiana. not sure how much thatd cost. you'd have to pay the shipping though

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Im in mississauga in canada, not sure how much itd be for the shipping, Ill take a look at gathering the right parts and adapters myself, but if that doesnt work out I guess we could work out what the shipping costs would be