I have a Les Paul copy from Westone guitars. It'll be 2 years old in October. I'm not saying it's a very bad guitar, but gets out of tune kinda fast and there are some problems while playing on the higher frets. Anyway, the question is, for how much do you think one should buy a guitar after having a 300$ one? Should i buy one for 500$ or really save up and buy like a Gibson or something? It would be my third guitar (the first one was a very bad strato copy).
depends what style you play

do you think you deserve one?

also think about the upgrade, is going from a $300 to a $500 really an upgrade?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If your budget is $500, you should buy a $500 guitar.

A lot of people on this site will say to save up and buy the Gibson, I'd only recommend that if you can genuinely afford it without it causing any financial issues. Yes, they may be extremely desirable, but they're also a lot of money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
depends on if you can find something you really like that won't need to be modded. sure 500 bucks is cheap for a guitar but if you're going to have to shell out 200 later on for new pickups you could of got a 700 dollar guitar that probably has better hardware and wood and wouldn't need a pick up change or anything.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Eppicurt
depends what style you play

do you think you deserve one?

also think about the upgrade, is going from a $300 to a $500 really an upgrade?

Even if it's not much of a difference in price, Epiphone is probably still better than a LP copy which, in some parts, doesn't even look like a LP
Do i deserve it? I don't know, I think 5 years from now, I'd still say i don't deserve it, I probably should ask my friends about that.
I play lead guitar in a hard rock band, and I'm not very happy about my current guitar's lead tone. It might be the pickups (also has terrible feedback), but buying a whole new guitar would be a better choice imo. I already changed the tuning pegs, the bridge sucks, the input sucks.
you're best to save up and buy something really nice, i had the same issue where i'd just keep buying sub-par guitars when i realised i could save up and buy one or two really nice ones instead of owning 7 or 8 mediocre ones

of course you deserve it, no one doesn't deserve a guitar, if you are committed to playing and enjoy it you can have whatever you want!

save your money and look into something like a gibson, ibanez or esp. it's always good to shop around and pick something out really nice
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"