the drums were way too quiet! Is that a saxaphone? Sounds good, if not a bit midi-ish.

I like how the loud bit came in rather suddenly. The song could use a little more building up into it, but it's good overall. The distorted rhythm guitar sound could be brightened up a bit, but the lead guitar tone is nice and Gilmour-ish.

The clean guitar needs a little timing practice, same with the drummer. Again, turn up the volume!

I did not like the speed up outro. It would have been better if you kept it at the same tempo as the rest of the song.

hope this helps
c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469290
I enjoyed the intro. I think the guitar did a good job of walking the line between playing too many notes and too few. I liked how the ambient sounds came in over the guitar! The only issue I see with the intro is that it takes awhile for the actual "song" to kick in (precisely 1:40 before the lead guitar comes in). I think if you waited less time it would have more of an epic effect. If you shortened the intro, it would also add "replay" value to the song (people would want more of that sweet guitar! haha). You just have to give it in doses.

I am not sure how I feel about the break between the two guitar solos. Maybe if you shortened the original intro, added part of this break, and then went into the guitar solo. I think the guitar solo is very cool. I think you could pull off the energetic speed up at the end of the song really well if you eliminated the silence - just the guitar hitting that chord, straight into the drums, then the epic ending.

All this is all my opinion though. It's all up to you!

I enjoyed how you added a second lead guitar very quietly in the background towards the end.

When I hear the end of this song, I think it should have a guitar shredding ending with the other instruments improvising as well.

Overall, good track. Nice guitar work. Really digged the intro melody!

Please critique mine if you are up to it:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470764
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
Quote by AeolianInvasion
the drums were way too quiet! Is that a saxaphone? Sounds good, if not a bit midi-ish.

I like how the loud bit came in rather suddenly. The song could use a little more building up into it, but it's good overall. The distorted rhythm guitar sound could be brightened up a bit, but the lead guitar tone is nice and Gilmour-ish.

The clean guitar needs a little timing practice, same with the drummer. Again, turn up the volume!

I did not like the speed up outro. It would have been better if you kept it at the same tempo as the rest of the song.

hope this helps
c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469290

I used EZ Drummer for the drums, so its a little hard to get everything to stay in perfect time when you're just drag-and-dropping into Live. No saxophones here! Just volume swells with the tone rolled back
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll check out your stuff now

I enjoyed the intro. I think the guitar did a good job of walking the line between playing too many notes and too few. I liked how the ambient sounds came in over the guitar! The only issue I see with the intro is that it takes awhile for the actual "song" to kick in (precisely 1:40 before the lead guitar comes in). I think if you waited less time it would have more of an epic effect. If you shortened the intro, it would also add "replay" value to the song (people would want more of that sweet guitar! haha). You just have to give it in doses.

I am not sure how I feel about the break between the two guitar solos. Maybe if you shortened the original intro, added part of this break, and then went into the guitar solo. I think the guitar solo is very cool. I think you could pull off the energetic speed up at the end of the song really well if you eliminated the silence - just the guitar hitting that chord, straight into the drums, then the epic ending.

All this is all my opinion though. It's all up to you!

I enjoyed how you added a second lead guitar very quietly in the background towards the end.

When I hear the end of this song, I think it should have a guitar shredding ending with the other instruments improvising as well.

Overall, good track. Nice guitar work. Really digged the intro melody!

Thanks alot for your very in-depth critique, really appreciate it!
I will take a look at your stuff now
The intro was pretty cool, and the synth pad at around 0:50 adds a nice touch. When the electric guitar comes in, it drowns everything else; I feel the drums should be a lot more noticeable and 'big' in this particular style, but I did like the guitar leads there. The little solo at around 3:20 sounds a bit out of the mix for me, try equing it and making it more even in terms of volume. 4:00 was pretty cool, it reminds me of the starway to heaven solo, I liked that part a lot, but, once again, the lead guitar kind of drowns out everything else. Overall, I liked the compositional aspect of it, but in terms of production it leaves a lot to be desired to be honest. Keep at it, though, this has a lot of potential!
Quote by creeping.death!
The intro was pretty cool, and the synth pad at around 0:50 adds a nice touch. When the electric guitar comes in, it drowns everything else; I feel the drums should be a lot more noticeable and 'big' in this particular style, but I did like the guitar leads there. The little solo at around 3:20 sounds a bit out of the mix for me, try equing it and making it more even in terms of volume. 4:00 was pretty cool, it reminds me of the starway to heaven solo, I liked that part a lot, but, once again, the lead guitar kind of drowns out everything else. Overall, I liked the compositional aspect of it, but in terms of production it leaves a lot to be desired to be honest. Keep at it, though, this has a lot of potential!

Fair critique I would say as I'm more of a player than a producer, but trying to get a hang of home recording , mixing and all that.
There are NO synths in this track, those are just volume swells, so I guess I did a good job with those .
I will keep all your points in mind in future recordings

Thanks!