how do they usually cost? the specs i want are a mahogany jr v body with some kind of maple top and maple with ebony neckthrough. original floyd rose. bareknuckle pickups. and a custom inlay that says nocturnal.
i might be being too specific here but i figure i may as well give full build specs to answer any questions. i just want like a rough ball park estimate because their site doesn't have any price listings. also anyone know how much something with similar specs would cost from another custom shop, like esp?
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
On ESP's website there is an online custom shop price calculator, have a look at that

I made a guitar on there, it came to £3000+
well, ESP's custom shop page adds $1000 to every/any selection you make, basically.

oh, you say you want a "body" on it? $3500!
you want a neck on it too? add another $1500!
you want it routed for just ONE humbucker? $500!

yeah, it's a little ridiculous.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I mainly know how it works with Jackson/Charvel, but I assume most companies are the same.

If that's the case you'll have to go through a dealer. The dealer sends the spec sheet off to the builder to get a quote, and then they'll discount that. The quote they get is effectively like the MSRP on a standard model - nobody actually charges that much.

But it's a custom so it'll still be damn expensive!
Usually if you have a small indie luthier do it, it comes out a lot cheaper and a lot nicer
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
isn't schecter's custom shop more expensive than the bc rich one?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I can't give you an estimate, though I do know that you'll most likely have to pay through the nose for it. You would probably be better off going to a luthier near where you live and getting it done. You'll more than likely get a better guitar cheaper, it just won't have a name on the headstock.
for a custom I'd say a minimum of $3000

EDIT: which is about $2999 more than I'd pay for a BCR custom.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 15, 2011,
Hey now man, BC Rich make great guitars, their low end ones suck yes, But NJ Series and up are DAMN nice guitars. A custom shop BCR would be unreal. But since BC Rich is a large company I see their Customs going for like 5 grand.

Better off going with Ran Custom Guitars, ANY spec you want and anything extra all for around 3-4 grand.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss