Page 1 of 2
Hello Pit,

What were the songs that you didn't like for the first few listens but after sometime maybe years, you totally felt awesome listening to it again?
Every trivium album, but then i've loved them, normally takes a week
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Both albums by The Fleet Foxes, hated them at first but now they're pretty genius. Never liked Bombay Bicycle Club until I saw them live and the just seem so much better now, they had an amazing show. Neil Young
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
The King of Limbs (entire album), almost everything by Dream Theater and Animals as Leaders.

There's a lot more, but I can't think of any at the moment...just like every thread that asks me to single out a song/artist from my entire list of musicians that I love for whatever reason.
Most metal/hard/generi-core songs

Now it's my favourite genre

Sepcifically
The Truth of a Liar-August Burns Red
Momo No Hanabira by Ai Otsuka.
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Protest The Hero.

Well, I really liked the guitars, etc. but didn't like the vocals. Then after a few listens I thought the singer was the greatest singer ever.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Half the songs on Intimacy by Bloc Party. Revisiting them, it's probably their best album in my opinion.
Most stuff on Kid A and beyond by Radiohead. It was the other way around with early Radiohead, liked it from the start and now I can barely stand some of the stuff.

Bob Dylan as a whole I guess.

Most artists to be fair too some time to get into.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Aug 15, 2011,
Most Dillinger Escape Plan songs.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqcckeKtSU4

Listened to it, thought it was rubbish.
Listend to it again a few years later, was amazed by amazing-ness
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

Quote by ....Satan
Most Dillinger Escape Plan songs.

I came here to say that.
Chelsea Smile by BMTH

*flame shield up*
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Most of mine is from goth rock

Didn't really care much about the Sister of Mercy, Bauhaus, David Bowie etc until around a year of just pure alt rock.

Metal was the same after my goth phase....At first I thought it was just random meedly squeedlies... After a few months It really hit me that all that I had heard was just freaking awesome
Quote by fc89konkari
In Flames didn't hit me some years ago. Now I saw them live and gosh, I love em!

This, but with 36 Crazyfists. Didn't care for them at all, then saw their entire set at Download and they were awesome. Now I quite like them.
I could name a lot of things actually, but thinking about it, I would guess that a lot of things I passed off to start with were something to do with who introduced it to me, or how.
I had an aversion to Deadmau5 because my ex kept pushing it on me, but a while after we broke up, I went back and listened to him and now have a lot of his songs
Schism - Tool.

Then I learned how to play it.
"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Most stuff on Kid A and beyond by Radiohead. It was the other way around with early Radiohead, liked it from the start and now I can barely stand some of the stuff.

Same, except for not liking The Bends and OK anymore and me still not liking half of Hail to the Thief and pretty the entire new album. Amnesiac is one of my favourite albums ever.

Also, I was listening to the The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady album by Charles Mingus earlier today. Wasn't sure what to think of it at first but now it just blows me away when I'm in the mood for it.
Guns of Summer by Coheed and Cambria.

When I first heard it I hated it. Since then I've grown to love it as much as every other song they've recorded.
Primus is all I can think of at the moment.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Page 1 of 2