Page 1 of 2
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
"We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please contact customer service."
Quote by Destroyr
"We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please contact customer service."

This happens to me every single time someone posts a link to guitar centre
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I have tried them both (Strat and Tele) and very impressed with them at the price they sell for. Hard to find a negative review for them. As far as color or fretboard that is something you need to decide. They have their own tone (fretboards) so pick which you are looking for. Go try them out with the type amp you have or one close to it. For $499 (and possibly another $30 off if you haggle with them) you can't go wrong.
MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD SETUP DONE ON IT. Most Fenders need a setup after they have been shipped.

If the store you buy from won't drop it around $30 then use Musicians Friend. No Tax and No shipping saves you around $40-50.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Last edited by JohnnyNash at Aug 15, 2011,
I vote yay. I enjoyed the ones I've tried very much.
I'd either go for black or red with maple fretboard, but that's just opinion.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
Quote by DartS17
I vote yay. I enjoyed the ones I've tried very much.
I'd either go for black or red with maple fretboard, but that's just opinion.

Well since I already have a red ibanez, I was thinking either the Black or "Sonic Blue"(its almost white)

And I think I might go with the maple but i'm not sure how it's going to affect the tone.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Ya I think the Blacktops are okay guitars, but they're still a bit messy like every mexican strat.
The necks aren't as smooth as I thought they would be, but then again, the blacktop series is identical to any Mexican standard except for the different setups available, like HH or HSS. There are also American Special fender guitars out there for maybe $700-800.. More expensive but really worth the extra money! check them out before you get a blacktop series, they may be worth waiting.
For $500?

Meh, you could find a better price.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Messy like every Mexican Strat? LOL Apparently you haven't tried every Mexican Strat. I have a Mexican made Jimmy Vaughan Strat. Neck feels as good as any I have ever played on. I also have bought a Mexican neck from EBay and put it with a Japanese body with assorted other parts. Callaham bridge, Tone Rider pickups, Sperzel tuners. Plays like a dream. Maybe you found 1 bad one somewhere but I would take a Mexican neck over many other brand guitar necks. Also I guess all the Guitar experts that has reviewed this Mexican made Blacktop series must be pulling our legs. Just my opionon

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats

Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by kangaxxter
For $500?

Nowhere I know of
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
If you like it buy it, but I am not a big fan of Fender guitars, so I say get a G&L tribute and be done with it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Ragu35
Nowhere I know of

Brah, how about the buy used part of the gc and mf listings.....

At least $65 off for Like New Condition
Quote by Duv

Oh, and for resonance . . . smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.
I like the sonic blue myself. That is a gorgeous color, as far as fretboard wood goes, thats all you.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Its GC, if you're willing to wait awhile they will definitely have a coupon, they have one every other week for some silly reason (ex. friday the 13th, since when do people care about this??). I vote black with maple. Based on its looks, I havent tried them and everyone else seems to tell you they like it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
neither.

get the pawn shop guitars that a made in japan.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by kangaxxter
For $500?

I have a guitar center code that would have got $100 off the price, but it expired 2 days ago
Quote by W4RP1G
I have a guitar center code that would have got $100 off the price, but it expired 2 days ago

sam ash will probably honor that, if you are nice.
Quote by gregs1020
neither.

get the pawn shop guitars that a made in japan.

I hate it that people are finding Japanese Charvels and American Peaveys at their pawn shops for under $300. I walk into a pawn shop around here and the best thing might be a mexican strat or a Samick.
Quote by W4RP1G
I hate it that people are finding Japanese Charvels and American Peaveys at their pawn shops for under $300. I walk into a pawn shop around here and the best thing might be a mexican strat or a Samick.

I think he's talking about the recent Pawn Shop Edition guitars. They're like a mix of different models put together. (e.g a hollow body tele/jag)
Quote by W4RP1G

No silly, fender released a line called the pawn shop guitars. MIJ reissues of the squire 51 and some others. Played a couple today, damn nice and the same price as mim stuff.

Worth checking out.
i vote nay. they felt bland, hollow and like the person who made it should have been mowing my lawn.
I live in Jersey >_>

The only pawn shops around here are in two of the most dangerous towns in the US. So I'd like to stay away from the pawn shops if I can :P

But yeah I'll wait for another deal from GC if I can.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Quote by Ragu35
I live in Jersey >_>

The only pawn shops around here are in two of the most dangerous towns in the US. So I'd like to stay away from the pawn shops if I can :P

Two of us just explained what Pawn Shop guitars were. The series is NAMED "Pawn Shop", we're not talking about guitars bought IN actual pawn shops....
Quote by LostKeys
Two of us just explained what Pawn Shop guitars were. The series is NAMED "Pawn Shop", we're not talking about guitars bought IN actual pawn shops....

yep, saw those posts AFTER I posted.

my bad.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
or craigslist, at least you could try the guitar before buying it.
Quote by JohnnyNash
I have tried them both (Strat and Tele) and very impressed with them at the price they sell for. Hard to find a negative review for them. As far as color or fretboard that is something you need to decide. They have their own tone (fretboards) so pick which you are looking for. Go try them out with the type amp you have or one close to it. For $499 (and possibly another $30 off if you haggle with them) you can't go wrong.
MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD SETUP DONE ON IT. Most Fenders need a setup after they have been shipped.

If the store you buy from won't drop it around $30 then use Musicians Friend. No Tax and No shipping saves you around $40-50.

both? there are 4 blacktop series guitars....

i have a blacktop jaguar and love it. 24" scale and super comfortable. i've played all the other blacktop guitars and i have to say that besides their recent pawnshop series, they are imo the best guitars fender has put out in quite a while.

the tele still has alittle bit of that tele twang, and the stratocaster is the most diverse with the 5 way switch, it also has a floyd rose option.

personally if you are looking to get the most diverse blacktop guitar, i'd say look for the stratocaster fr. but other than that, just try them out and see which one fits you
Oh, I'm talking Strat shape ONLY. Not a fan of the other bodies whatsoever.

ALSO: I'm wondering about clean tones on this. I'm assuming with the alnico buckers higher gain stuff will sound good, but i'm not so sure about cleans compared to a strat with single coils.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Last edited by Ragu35 at Aug 16, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
No silly, fender released a line called the pawn shop guitars. MIJ reissues of the squire 51 and some others. Played a couple today, damn nice and the same price as mim stuff.

Worth checking out.

Oh didn't know that, that's pretty awesome. I'm going to have to go check those out now
Quote by W4RP1G
Oh didn't know that, that's pretty awesome. I'm going to have to go check those out now

yea do that. when i first saw them i thought, meh, i'd rather just grab a used squier they are based on.

after playing one yesterday, i have a whole different take on them. thank ippon and his jedi mind trix for that one.

Quote by 00_hns_00
both? there are 4 blacktop series guitars....

i have a blacktop jaguar and love it. 24" scale and super comfortable. i've played all the other blacktop guitars and i have to say that besides their recent pawnshop series, they are imo the best guitars fender has put out in quite a while.

the tele still has alittle bit of that tele twang, and the stratocaster is the most diverse with the 5 way switch, it also has a floyd rose option.

personally if you are looking to get the most diverse blacktop guitar, i'd say look for the stratocaster fr. but other than that, just try them out and see which one fits you

I know but I have only tried the two I mentioned, that's why I said both. Meant to put them before the "both" word that's why they are in parenthesis. I feel like the series are pretty darn good for a $500 guitar.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats

Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by Ragu35
I live in Jersey >_>

You live near Camden? :O
Quote by Dmaj7
Rosewood on a Tele, Maple on Strat.

Always.

BS. Maple on a Tele is hot.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Definite Yay. Plays nice, sounds nice, looks nice. Won't break the bank.

I like the maple fretboard, very pretty.

TJ
Quote by griffin888
You live near Camden? :O

By "around here" I basically mean all of New Jersey >_>

I'm a North Jersey guy, but I'd still like to stay away from Newark if possible.

and I'm really falling in love with the Sonic Blue + Maple fretboard
I always wanted a white-ish strat and looks like everything i've ever wanted. I still have to test out how it sounds though.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Last edited by Ragu35 at Aug 16, 2011,
i have the tele with prs starla pups. i love everything about the guitar, its my new main guitar haha. the strings break a lot at the bridge but im a heavy player and palm mute hard. just my thing haha
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
at ragu i live tlike right by newark haha. just saying, funny coincidence
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System