I have an old hollow body, probably from the '60's. The name has been scratched off of the head.

Are there any good data bases out there for identifying guitars?
My wife said " It's either those damned guitars, or me!!"

I miss her a bit.
Wow, that was really helpful. Crazy idea though, how about some pictures.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Just post a picture, we're all pretty good at identifying guitars
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Sorry, I never even thought of that. I will take a few shots of it this evening, and post them. Thanks.

I miss her a bit.

I miss her a bit.
Sorry about the size, I'm not very computer savvy.

I miss her a bit.
On the headstock, there seems to be a fancy, yet very fine letter"K" in the name that's scratched off.

It's a very easy playing guitar, the pickups are a little noisy.

I miss her a bit.
Looks like a 60's Kay or Teisco. I'm thinking Kay because I've never seen a Teisco with a headstock like that.

EDIT: It's definitely a Kay if you see a K on the headstock.
I found another picture exactly like this guitar, but no other information except that it's a Kay. I'm certain that's the brand.

It's definitely a Teisco or Kay. A really nice one too, I've always had a thing for these guitars.

one thing about that tremolo, try not to use it much. those things were terrible about friction. had about half the range of a bigsby
r0ckth3d34n , that's definately the same guitar. Thanks, great starting point.

I miss her a bit.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I found another picture exactly like this guitar, but no other information except that it's a Kay. I'm certain that's the brand.

That looks like it, but a funny thing about department store guitars is that they were all made by the same people. Occasionally you had some one off models that were Kay guitars but had the Silvertone name on it, etc., which would account for the lack of any branding on the headstock. Of course, some dumb **** covering the logo with nail polish would account for it just as well.
I tried searching "Kay semi hollow double cutaway" but I didn't find any pictures. It might be a Kay "Old Kraftsman," but do not quote me on that. As far as descriptions go, that model seems to be the closest fit.

EDIT: @guy above me
I just read that Kay made guitars under several different names, so while a guitar is a Silvertone, Sherwood, Penncrest, Airline or Kamico, it's still a Kay.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I tried searching "Kay semi hollow double cutaway" but I didn't find any pictures. It might be a Kay "Old Kraftsman," but do not quote me on that. As far as descriptions go, that model seems to be the closest fit.

EDIT: @guy above me
I just read that Kay made guitars under several different names, so while a guitar is a Silvertone, Sherwood, Penncrest, Airline or Kamico, it's still a Kay.

Silvertone and Airlines are more likely to be Danelectro, and all but Kamico have a fair chance of being Teisco. There's a lot of cool trivia with these guitars
Wow. I can't believe all the names that were out there.

I miss her a bit.