Hi guys, I'd like to know if I could do the following:

Could I plug a cable into the output of my POD 500 and then connect this cable to a sole cab? In other words, could I use the cab as an external speaker, where the POD would function as an amp head?

Thanks.
Yeah
no, you need a power amp. you can try going from the pod's headphone out straight to a cab, but it wont be very loud. there is just enough power in it to drive a pair of headphones. it could work for practicing alone, but for anything else you need a power amp. do you have a guitar amp? if so, plug the pod hd500 output into the effects loop return of your amp. that way it only uses the amp's poweramp.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah I have one of those Blackstar mini-stacks. The thing is, I live in a house with paper walls, so I have to keep the volume extremely low. I'll see what happens when I connect the cab to the headphone output. Thanks for the tip!
Yeah
You are tempting fate by using a low impedance speaker on a headphone output. I suggest getting some small powered speakers. Even computer speakers. Or jack into a stereo/boombox.
Just tried it and it worked like a charm! I have to put the master volume at 50%, but the sound out of the cab is so much nicer, and a lot easier on my ears. Is there any harm in using the cab this way? I also tried playing on my computer speakers but it didn't sound as good as this setup.
Yeah
i dont know for sure if there is danger in it, but it kinda seems like it isn't a good idea. it worked for me, but i only did it a couple times and then stopped. so i dont know. but what i would suggest is plugging it into the effects loop return of your blackstar if it has one, and then turn the master on the pod down low. youll be able to get it extremely quiet so you wont annoy anyone, and it will likely sound even better than the current setup once you get things tweaked.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I still do it, works fine for my zoom 9150 device.....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Yeah I figured that would be the best option. I might just do that instead, but for now, I'm going to enjoy this current setup Thanks for the help guys.
Yeah