Poll: What do you think?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think?
Your ego is useful, makes you feel good and will help you achieve goals.
7 14%
Your ego serves you nothing, you are much better off without it.
5 10%
Your ego is good for you, as long as you know how to have complete control of it.
37 74%
...Other
1 2%
Voters: 50.
So what do you guys think about having an "ego"? Do you think it's really important to have one and feed it constantly and helps you achieve goals? Or are you on the other side of the spectrum who thinks an ego is actually the cause of all your problems?
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Everything in moderation, including ego...

I think too many people here are averse to having one at all. That's not good either.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Complete control of your ego? I don't know how you could do that. Everybody has different levels of how they show what they feel about themselves, and it can change over time, but you can never be in instant control of it. (IMO)
I think having an ego to a certain extent is good. But once you get to the point when you're a complete douchebag, then it's time to ease up

This, and I'm not afraid to admit that sometimes I do step over that line.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by metallica #1
I think having an ego to a certain extent is good. But once you get to the point when you're a complete douchebag, then it's time to ease up.

This. I am not particularly egotistical in a douchy sense (i hope) but unfortunately i have, at times, used others (ie. if someone fancies me yet i am not into them in that way) to feed my ego, but even though it doesn't take the guilt off of me, i'm sure that everyone has done it at one point or another without realising until afterwards.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
If you get too cocky it'll backfire on you.

Yep, I've had that happen a few times!
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'm extremely egotistical. It's been pointed out to me numerous times by even my close friends but fck it I don't want to change who I am.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I don't want to change who I am

Nor should you. You will change gradually over the years, and all your friendships will be a part of influencing this change, but you shouldn't just do it because someone tells you to.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryHB
Nor should you. You will change gradually over the years, and all your friendships will be a part of influencing this change, but you shouldn't just do it because someone tells you to.

Tbh I would change if I could but it's not as easy as people think it is.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Last edited by Eric_Fail at Aug 15, 2011,
Tbh I would change if I could but it's as easy as people think it is.

Like I said, it will happen gradually over time anyway. You can't just force these things, but you will get there in the end.
Kind of like learning guitar. You can decide you want to play, but it isn't easy to just pick up a guitar and do it. You have to gradually figure things out, even when you have lessons and someone tells you what to do it will take a while for it to sink in and become something you can do. The lessons merely influence you and show you the way, slowly changing you into a guitar player, much like all your friendships and relationships will show you the way to change yourself as a person.
I think that makes sense. Sort of.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryHB
Like I said, it will happen gradually over time anyway. You can't just force these things, but you will get there in the end.
Kind of like learning guitar. You can decide you want to play, but it isn't easy to just pick up a guitar and do it. You have to gradually figure things out, even when you have lessons and someone tells you what to do it will take a while for it to sink in and become something you can do. The lessons merely influence you and show you the way, slowly changing you into a guitar player, much like all your friendships and relationships will show you the way to change yourself as a person.
I think that makes sense. Sort of.

Hehe I meant to say "not as easy" yeah I know what you mean, certainly my personality changed in slight ways when I had to essentially make a new group of friends a few years ago.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
The id, ego and super ego. Good times..
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I don't think I have much of an ego but I also how now confidence or self-esteem.
OUT OF ORDER