I'm starting an online band. I have no real expectations from this, other than having fun, but I do take it seriously and I only want people who are willing to work and put forth the effort to make some really great music.

As far as genre goes I'm open to anything and the more variety we have stylistically, the better.
But I'd like to work in a frame of music with lush arrangements and symphonic elements centered a good rock/folk song with elements of progressive, electronic, jazz and hip-hop music. I'd also really like to focus on the kind of dark/light/heavy/quiet elements used by Led Zeppelin and The Pixies.

Basically anything goes, just as long as we can all agree on what sounds and feels right.

Just post a resume of sorts, listing your experiences playing and what you offer to the table as well as your influences and anything else you might think I should know.

I play guitar and I write songs, there's music in my profile. One song I really like and could use some work is "Prozack" I think it has a good song structure at the beginning, with a potentially orchestral middle part and then a freak-out rock out jam at the end.
I have alot of jam ideas on my profile and tons of songs that aren't uploaded yet, but I definitely want to write new songs with the band.

I'm looking for anyone who can do anything

Vocalist/Lyricist
Backing vocals
Rhythm section
keyboards/synths
Bass
Guitar
Rapper
Someone who can manipulate electronic software like Reason or cubase or whatever, and come up with really great stuff like beats, orchestral pieces and cool electronic music.

My influences are wide ranged and include- Jeff Buckley, Flaming Lips, Here Is There, John Frusciante, Bjork, Miles Davis, Aphex Twin, Islands, The Pixies, LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Robert Francis, The Beatles, The Clash, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Major Lazer
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
i play bass and can use cubase. so i'm in if you wish

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Hey There!

I really love the thought of an online band So I'd extremely happy to team up with you and make some great music!

I'm influenced a lot by heavy music such as Machine Head, Trivium, Metallica, In Flames and so on, but also by more "popular" music like MCR, 30 seconds to mars etc.
But to be honest - I'm open for everything

I just have one question -> what about playing together? And how should that work?
-> I play drums, e-guitar and can do rap vocals pretty well. I also know how to work with Cubase!

So how should it work? we send riffs, beats and lyrics via E-Mail from member to member, discussing songs over Skype, and so on
I really want to do a project like this - cool thing to see someone thinking the same way as me

Hope to hear you soon,

Cheers,
Pat
Alright.
Basically we'll just record all of the parts seperate as mp3 or whatever and I'll do the final mixing.
Hopefully we can get everything to match up to the same quality. I run ProTools through an Mbox 2

So if you guys would like to check out some songs on my profile, feel free too. I don't have mp3s of all of my songs with me at this moment, but I believe there are two programs call flashget or download master

I'll also PM you guys some songs later on.
I figure we'd use Yahoo Messenger? If that's ok to do live chats every so often to get on the same page and flesh out details.

EDIT: I'd also like to receive some music from you guys as well so I can see if you're what I'm looking for or if we'll jive well.
Last edited by TDKshorty at Aug 15, 2011,
So think about recording parts and sending it to eachother and do discuss what will work and what not. Then put a demo together and make everyone record their full parts and send them to you as WAV.
Sounds pretty awsome to me -> I'm in, if you wish!

At the moment I'm on holidays in Paris and I'll return on Monday!
So... do we have a server or a place, where we can share our riffs etc.?

At the moment I'm not familiar with Yahoo-Messenger, but that should be the smallest problem!

Who is in right now with which instrument?

Cheers from Paris,
Pat
Alright guys I'm going to send you guys a handful of tracks, just do whatever you want with them as far as mixing them up, cutting out parts, adding parts.

Prozack is a full fledged song, but the middle part is empty and needs orchestration over it, or at least that's what I'm looking for.

The others are jams are random guitar parts so if you find things you like just add stuff over them or whatever.
Whats up guys?
check out my youtube see if they are good enough for you and what you are looking for

btw i play ALOT of American rock/metal songs as well (just saying since most of my covers are japanese rock)
Yay for me being a girl guitarist

Current gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Epiphone SG
Samick Fairlane Bass
Line 6 Pod XT live
Line 6 SpiderIV 15 watt amp

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE!!!
http://www.youtube.com/nos0323