Hi all, new here just popping in to see if I can get any advice.

I'm looking to broaden my horizon and buy an acoustic after years of playing electric guitar. A six string cut-away is preferred. Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere in the UK so going to shops to try etc. is difficult, so I would like to have an idea of what to look for before i do go.

As an electric guitar player i'm scared of anything too jumboish (sorry to be fussy!).

I have a budget of roughly £300-400. I've been looking at some Yamaha APX and some of the Takamine G-series, are any of these any good?

Sorry if that's alot to take in, thanks you for any help
I used to have a Takamine electrocoustic 12 string, can't remember the exact model but it was excellent. Played well and sounded good both acoustically and through a PA.

Definitely recommend them, I also have a Crafter 6 string electrocoustic which is also pretty good, check them out too.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I own a Yamaha APX500 12 string, and it would suit an electic player nicely. It has a shallow body, and thin, fast neck, so it looks like it would suit you. However, any small bodied, solid wood/solid top guitar would be fine, if you are used to electric guitars.

However, looking online isn't the best way to buy an acoustic, and playing lots of guitars is the only real answer to finding the perfect one. If you get the chance to try out a whole load of acoustics in a shop, always do it.

Another option, is to just buy an acoustic, without electronics. If you won;t be using it to gig with, and just as something to fool about on at home, an acoustic would suit you better, and you always have the option of adding an after market pickup later (which are usually better quality).
Get a Fender CF-140SCE. I bought one and it's my favorite guitar I own (I have 2 electrics and 2 acoustics.) I've played a lot of acoustics but this is one of the best. It's body is a "folk" style body so it's smaller than a typical dreadnought but not too small, it has a cutaway, solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, and Fishman electronics. It cost me just under $400 at my local shop but you could probably get it cheaper.

You really should look into this guitar, I've played $1,000+ guitars that don't feel as comfortable or play as nicely as this guitar.
I've played $1,000+ guitars that don't feel as comfortable or play as nicely as this guitar.

Haven't played that exact guitar you're talking about, but totally agree with that statement. I have a theory that a lot of the time the most expensive guitars are purely sold on their name value. There are a lot of cheaper guitars out there which are made by good companies who just don't have the same prestige so they have to try harder and make better guitars as a result.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
don't care for the yamaha APX series - they sound a bit muted and dead when played unplugged. i mostly find the same is true of most of the cheaper taks. if you don't need a cutaway, i'm a big fan of the fender tim armstrong hellcat. i wasn't expecting much when i first tried one, and was very surprised. not a bassy guitar, but there's enough bass to work well unless you're looking for a darker tone.

the guitar TheRealMcCoy24 suggests didn't blow me away, but it's not bad. i also suggest the yamaha fgx guitars and the seagull entourage acoustic electric models.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!