Hi,

I am trying to play valley of the damned by dragonforce. I was listening to this cover (URL below) and I have the same pedal. (boss metal zone mt2) however I cannot get that sound. I have a vox da20 amp and I play a schecter c1 elite. Is it the amp or what kind of EQ would I need?

URL to cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU79t6Q8jrc
Last edited by dandyman12 at Aug 15, 2011,
Well I'm just gonna be blunt. The tone in the video is awful, so I don't know why you'd want it in the first place. The fact that the tone is terrible is no surprise, either, considering that the metal zone is a terrible pedal. Given these facts, I don't really know what to suggest.

EDIT: Also he's using a Marshall Micro MG...perhaps THE worst amp ever made in the history of mankind. I honestly can't think of a worse amp and I've sat here thinking about it for a good 5 minutes.

Don't scoop your mids, perhaps.

EDIT: Also he's using a Marshall Micro MG...perhaps THE worst amp ever made in the history of mankind. I honestly can't think of a worse amp and I've sat here thinking about it for a good 5 minutes.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Aug 15, 2011,
Lol, is the guy in the video using a fan as a wind machine

And ya his tone sucks
probs cause he is using a mt2 into a marshall mg microstack why would you wanna sound like that?
unless you run your sound through a cheap microphone that distorts you won't sound like that (thank god). why not try to get the tone off of the CD? granted they use a ton of rack fx but you could at least try to approximate it. if your amp is a modeller then it won't take the pedal very welll either.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Lol, is the guy in the video using a fan as a wind machine

And ya his tone sucks
probs cause he is using a mt2 into a marshall mg microstack why would you wanna sound like that?

OH MY GOD
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by coolstoryangus
Power metal fans.
So cheesy

Dragonforce is bottom of the shelf power metal. Listen to Blind Guardian and tell us that.
Quote by CodeMonk
An MT2 into an MG?
Thats like having cancer, and going out and getting AIDS cause your life isn't fucked up enough

**** you this one band, i forgot the name uses it, like really does! and they sound good!
i think it was called Intestine Rave Party of the Emo Fags or somethin'!
Power metal fans.
So cheesy
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by stykerwolf
**** you this one band, i forgot the name uses it, like really does! and they sound good!
i think it was called Intestine Rave Party of the Emo Fags or somethin'!

This one band that you don't remember is also one that no one else knows or remembers. HMM I wonder why?
Quote by Sputnik1
Dragonforce is bottom of the shelf power metal. Listen to Blind Guardian and tell us that.

I know they are.
Get humour