I was wondering if anyone has played the Delta Lab phaser and if they could tell me if there was any volume drop or loss of tone when you played it.

Currently, I own a shitty Boss PH-3 . The step phase mode is cool and all, but when engaging the pedal, I encountered a noticeable volume drop and it is not what I want at all! I am probably going to sell it and get another better phaser.

I have looked into maybe getting the EVH MXR Phase 90, but I still cringe at the fact that it has only one knob for the Rate. You see, I like to tweak my pedals and get different sounds out of them. That's why I liked the step phase thingy on the PH-3, but I just need a better quality phaser!

So, the Delta Lab phaser seems nice when demo'd and all, but I wanted to hear from people who have actually played one to tell me if they can tell me the cons of the pedal.
i have one and like it. no real drop in volume that i've noticed. doesn't seem to have any appreciable effect on tone outside of it's intended use. i used it to record The Land Unknown found in my profile. it's not boutique quality but does its job. you have to spend some time working with it to get similar phase sounds to the MXR but it will do them.
Quote by monwobobbo
you have to spend some time working with it to get similar phase sounds to the MXR but it will do them.

Can you tell me what the settings are to get an MXR sound so I can possibly find it at a nearby store and test it out?

EDIT: Checked out your song and it is kinda like a song written by B.B.King if he was on LSD!!! awesome!
Last edited by Musefan777 at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by Musefan777
Can you tell me what the settings are to get an MXR sound so I can possibly find it at a nearby store and test it out?

EDIT: Checked out your song and it is kinda like a song written by B.B.King if he was on LSD!!! awesome!

sorry i found the sound dicking around with it when i first got it but didn't really keep track of what the settings are.

thanx i think not sure how B.B. would feel