Well hi guys. Haven't posted here in a looooonnnnngggg time, but I'm back from the dead with a bit of a dilemma.

Bought a strat, didn't like the bridge and mid pickups, so I bought new ones. Long story short, they showed up today. I unboxed one, no problems there....the second one, not so lucky.

The pickup is a lace sensor burgundy. The problem: There is a wire running out of the bottom of the pickup that has wrapped itself around the leads- a very thin wire, certainly from the winding. My thought is that the winding somehow broke.

Before I go nuts and ship this thing back, I figure I better get a second opinion. So...thoughts? should I try it out before returning? Is it definitely a broken winding?

unfortunately I can't get pics at the moment, but I will try later.

Thanks!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
ya know, I might just do that. Unfortunately the other pickup isn't a lace so I've got nothing to compare it to, but I was pretty surprised because they generally have a good rep. Worse comes to worse, I send it back to guitarcenter and tell them they sold me a faulty product.

EDIT: ORRRRRR.......I could take a multimeter to it and see if I pick up any reading
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Aug 15, 2011,
I wouldn't mess with it and send it back, don't give them any reason to not take it back, and even if it does work it will probably stop working sometime down the road, so just send it back.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo