Billionaire Warren Buffett to Congress: "Stop Coddling the Super-Rich"

Page 1 of 4
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14533987

Multi billionaire/philanthropist Warren Buffett calls for tax increases for those making over 1m$ annually. Commenting on claims that such increases would harm investments and employment, Buffett stated: "I have yet to see anyone shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gains"

Comments?
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
i think that man deserves a beer and a handshake. hes the only rich guy whos shown he not greedy by trying to solve problems which would affect his pocket.

hes right on the money too with what he said.

EDIT: just realized he told congress to stop helping the rich. congress is the main issue, a bunch of fat ass rich folk who vote themselves pay raises and our oblivious to any problems in the country other then "are we rich enough"

there not gonna do much about it because of that but still im glad someone had the balls to say it that wasnt poor.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Last edited by k-train at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by k-train

hes right on the money too with what he said.

i c wut u did there
--------

Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive. Just because you're human doesn't mean you have to die.

the gear:
gibson sg
marshall mg100fx head/4x12 slant cab
im a minimalist.
I see no problem with this
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by k-train
i think that man deserves a beer and a handshake. hes the only rich guy whos shown he not greedy by trying to solve problems which would affect his pocket.

Bill Gates?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Higher tax for richest, cut defense spending.... why is this so hard to get done?
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Bill Gates?

no, bill gates gives to charities and whatnot because it goes back into his pocket after awhile via tax refund. it helps him pay less taxes thus increasing what he would normally make. its not being a good person its being a genius in the economics world.

Quote by CrunchyRoll
Higher tax for richest, cut defense spending.... why is this so hard to get done?

cause this world needs a few more rednecks.

/puts up flame-shied

not saying gun carrying right wing racist nutjobs by that i mean your average working man who can live off a few dollars and not bitch about what he/she has, other then saying "its nice if i could afford that". much better then greedy fat ass's whos only decisions in life are "do i spent money here or here?" and "should i raise my paycheck higher, or above higher"
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Last edited by k-train at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by k-train
no, bill gates gives to charities and whatnot because it goes back into his pocket after awhile via tax refund. it helps him pay less taxes thus increasing what he would normally make. its not being a good person its being a genius in the economics world.

giving away half his fortune will help make him earn 30 billion?

you live in a deluded world

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
giving away half his fortune will help make him earn 30 billion?

you live in a deluded world

in the long run it will help him economically speaking. its not a deluded world its stuff i learned studying economics in collage
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
good on him. good on him. it's a sad state of affairs when this sort of thing seems radical though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by k-train
in the long run it will help him economically speaking. its not a deluded world its stuff i learned studying economics in collage

You leant how to study economics making a collage?

and here you go:

http://patriottaxsolutions.com/blog/bill-gates-to-vote-for-state-income-tax-for-the-rich/

also, maybe you should read about the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation before opening your mouth again.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by WinterEagle5
I'm all for it, but it won't happen.

eee'yup.
"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
Last edited by Onzaso at Aug 15, 2011,
sounds good to me. Anyone making $1-10+ million annually is living well beyond their means. After the hit the middle and lower class took from the recession, it would be good to see some money come back. This man really is a philanthropist.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
and here you go:

http://patriottaxsolutions.com/blog/bill-gates-to-vote-for-state-income-tax-for-the-rich/

also, maybe you should read about the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation before opening your mouth again.

actually, i don't fully understand it but i've been told seperately that bill gates' charity helps him make more money personally.

i don't really care enough to look up why but i think you should look it up before slating someone for posting what is supposedly a known fact.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by untalented
actually, i don't fully understand it but i've been told seperately that bill gates' charity helps him make more money personally.

i don't really care enough to look up why but i think you should look it up before slating someone for posting what is supposedly a known fact.

find me source and prove me wrong, then i will agree with you.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Ironically is the fat-cats who are doing most of the complaining about the economy while they are the ones who are benefiting the most despite it. I agree with this guy, i wanna give him a hug just for being rational about this.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by JimmyBanks6
find me source and prove me wrong, then i will agree with you.

firstly, i wasn't the one making the claim.
secondly, i clearly stated that i can't be bothered to look it up. it is not simple or obvious economics.
thirdly, you were the one making the counter claim and calling someone an idiot for something that's been known to be fact from people who know about economics. you look up american tax law and then disagree.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Warren Buffet should spend some money on a couple of bus loads of professional bitch slappers and send them to Washington DC.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by untalented

He's given away half of his personal fortune to charity. THAT'S the well known fact. You're gonna need to provide some proof for that outrageous claim you just made.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by untalented
firstly, i wasn't the one making the claim.
secondly, i clearly stated that i can't be bothered to look it up. it is not simple or obvious economics.
thirdly, you were the one making the counter claim and calling someone an idiot for something that's been known to be fact from people who know about economics. you look up american tax law and then disagree.

You backed him up, so stick up for your opinion

the only source i have found to claim otherwise is that he can possibly make money by donating 1billion to virus immunization research, and he makes money if they find a fix and sell it to african countries regarding malaria.

that doesnt have to do with tax refunds, still waiting on a source, and i understand what you guys are saying, i want proof not speculation.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
You leant how to study economics making a collage?

and here you go:

yeah, mock my grammar because you feel like you know more then me.

maybe you should read both sides of a issue before you open YOUR mouth kiddo. ive read the whole "bill gates is good" and blah blah blah all that junk the media spews out. ive also read the side that says otherwise and guess what? the bad outweighs the good.

get your facts straight before picking a argument with me.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train

maybe you should read both sides of a issue before you open YOUR mouth kiddo. ive read the whole "bill gates is good" and blah blah blah all that junk the media spews out. ive also read the side that says otherwise and guess what? the bad outweighs the good.

That was spelling, not grammar, I just thought it ironic that you were trying to talk smart about being in econ, which I have also taken, but couldn't correctly spell college.

Give me a source how about?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by k-train

You made a pretty ballsy claim, and the only proof you offered was "cuz I'm a boss and I'm really smart and you aren't".

I don't have an opinion on the matter, I don't care. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just a fan that stopped by to give my two cents.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by k-train

Care to share?
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Care to share?

He's probably referring to the anti-trust stuff.

Bill Gates made a lot of money, Microsoft then went on to do some dubious shit. That's how businesses work, you do dubious shit to make lots more money. That's why we don't allow businesses to do certain things in sensible countries.
I fail to see what any of this has to do with Buffett's article, which I thought was quite sensible.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by k-train

You made a claim. He's asking you to back up and defend your claim with evidence to affirm that the statement you made is indeed correct. You have repeatedly failed to do so. Apparently your collage had some pretty lax standards.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
He's probably referring to the anti-trust stuff.

Bill Gates made a lot of money, Microsoft then went on to do some dubious shit. That's how businesses work, you do dubious shit to make lots more money. That's why we don't allow businesses to do certain things in sensible countries.
I fail to see what any of this has to do with Buffett's article, which I thought was quite sensible.

Nah, they are claiming Bill Gates will make more money in the long run due to giving away half his fortune to charity,

i told them to give me proof.

...still waiting...

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
That was spelling, not grammar, I just thought it ironic that you were trying to talk smart about being in econ, which I have also taken, but couldn't correctly spell college.

Give me a source how about?

same difference to me, its all the same thing when grouped together.

i dont have a direct source. i have knowledge i learned from teachers, professors, common knowledge and experience i learned through running a reptile breeding business and a landscaping business, and seeing two sides of every coin instead of going by what you hear first, which is apparently what your doing, because american economy plays out different then other places due to tax shields and all that. (which is what gates does, he uses a tax shield)

Quote by zippidyduda
You made a pretty ballsy claim, and the only proof you offered was "cuz I'm a boss and I'm really smart and you aren't".

I don't have an opinion on the matter, I don't care. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just a fan that stopped by to give my two cents.

i never said i was a boss and im smart.

if you really must know im nothing more then a idiot who learned a thing or two, and uses what he knows when it applies. imma live alone die alone and nobody's gonna give two shits when im gone. so dont call me a boss and dont call me smart cause im sure as hell neither. i just know some stuff that can be useful in conversations like this.

and if you dont have a opinion or dont care dont jump into this to back up your "friend" cause thats what it seems like your doing.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
big post

So you have no source?

That is called speculation, and holds no weight in an argument.

and grammar and spelling are the same difference, really?

and if you dont have a opinion or dont care dont jump into this to back up your "friend" cause thats what it seems like your doing

while he seems like a nice guy, i dont recall ever being noticeable friends with this guy, he just wants you to prove your opinion as fact, as you seem to claim it is, as i would like you to as well.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by k-train
same difference to me, its all the same thing when grouped together.

i dont have a direct source. i have knowledge i learned from teachers, professors, common knowledge and experience i learned through running a reptile breeding business and a landscaping business, and seeing two sides of every coin instead of going by what you hear first, which is apparently what your doing, because american economy plays out different then other places due to tax shields and all that. (which is what gates does, he uses a tax shield)

i never said i was a boss and im smart.

if you really must know im nothing more then a idiot who learned a thing or two, and uses what he knows when it applies. imma live alone die alone and nobody's gonna give two shits when im gone. so dont call me a boss and dont call me smart cause im sure as hell neither. i just know some stuff that can be useful in conversations like this.

and if you dont have a opinion or dont care dont jump into this to back up your "friend" cause thats what it seems like your doing.

So what you're saying is you don't actually know anything about this matter.

Ok.

Also, don't have such low self-esteem. It isn't attractive or healthy.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by JimmyBanks6
Nah, they are claiming Bill Gates will make more money in the long run due to giving away half his fortune to charity,

i told them to give me proof.

...still waiting...

Perhaps. I doubt it though.
Occasionally setting up charities are a good way to funnel money to people without being taxed on it, but I've seen no evidence that Gates' foundation is one such scheme, and I get the feeling I would have, given that it's under pretty intense scrutiny.
I've seen plenty of other criticisms, some of which are valid (investments that the foundation makes being antithetical to its aims, its clear promotion of a certain political agenda in education) but none of those could really be seen as benefiting Gates personally in the normal sense of the word.

Gates and Buffett aren't really typical capitalists, they're actually pretty decent guys a lot of the time.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
On topic, good for him. Not that it'll do any good. Money talks, especially in politics. The sad fact is that the vast majority of the elite don't share Buffett's opinion on taxes, and those are the same people who congress has to cater to. After all, this group of elites are responsible for significant amounts of cash coming into the hands of the various members of congress. You don't bite the hand that feeds if you are a slimy politician, and being a less than reputable character is practically a pre-requisite to succeed in politics.
You guys have nothing better to do, do you?

I read this and I agreed. When I read the 17 percent and his employees were being taxed an almost 40-something average I was all like fdjsioavioasvnart and stuff. Congress seems to only know hivemind theoretics, in which the low forms of life do all the work for nothing, and anyone with half a brain to greed get to be lazy and reap the benefits.

Lucky theres a few guys like WB just willing to say Hey, enough's enough.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Billionaires generally earn very little. Their accountants set up foreign accounts and most of their earnings will be made by their corporations, they themselves only taking in a relatively small amount while the rest sits in their offshore bank account... if you want more income close corporate tax loopholes and stop corporate welfare.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
So you have no source?

That is called speculation, and holds no weight in an argument.

and grammar and english are the same difference, really?

while he seems like a nice guy, i dont recall ever being noticeable friends with this guy, he just wants you to prove your opinion as fact, as you seem to claim it is, as i would like you to as well.

its not speculation if you know its fact. i dont have a direct cut and dry source. who cares? its not like im some freak who keeps random bits of info stored in a file cabinet or something damn dude. thats for you to look up if your that interested in what ive figured out.

and i didnt literally mean you were friends the guy came into this and backed you up like this was his business. thats all i was saying.

Quote by zippidyduda
So what you're saying is you don't actually know anything about this matter.

Ok.

Also, don't have such low self-esteem. It isn't attractive or healthy.

i know alot about the matter. read the top of this post and youll realize that.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Page 1 of 4