So I'm in that Staind solo contest and I'm actually in 13th place at the moment (top 20 get consideration for their new album...)

Sure, I could use a vote or 2 if you like what you hear and want to take a couple of minutes to do so but that isn't the main reason I am here.

What I am most interested in is what my fellow UG'ers think of my entry.

Any and ALL critique is welcome from my mix and tone choice to my note selection to my playing. I just want to know what I could improve on as I am always looking to get better.

Here's my solo

Looking forward to seeing some suggestions and maybe a couple more votes!

Thanks everyone
If you want feedback then you maybe should post it in the recording forum. But then the thread would probably be closed for advertising. hmmm

Yeah, so what do I get if I vote for you?
RIP Gooze

cats
voted for you, bumped you up to 12th. good luck!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
pretty awesome dude! Good luck with that
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
Quote by Kilty Boxers
If i vote for you can i add you on fb?

Sure if you want to.

Quote by conor-figgy
I'm afraid you've been inb4'd.

I am aware and not surprised, there were a few UGer's who entered.

Quote by truiteleague
What do I get for voting for you?!

As I said I wasn't looking for votes but if you do.. The marvelous feeling of helping out an individual in need

Quote by mulefish
If you want feedback then you maybe should post it in the recording forum. But then the thread would probably be closed for advertising. hmmm

Yeah, so what do I get if I vote for you?

Yea I faced that dilemma earlier in the week.. Decided I would try and get some critique here and not face a ban since I already got one thread closed.
If you vote you get what truiteleague gets.. I can't play favorites :P

Thank you very much theogonia777, shadow_morph and metallica#1 the votes are much appreciated.

Still looking for critique from any of you!
Thanks for the vote man, very much appreciated!

So anybody willing to critique? Or is my solo completely perfect lol...?

I'll keep taking these votes either way though, can't complain about those...

^ I believe in my opinion it is the best of lot simply because it is clean as oppose to distorted, it fits the song better and flows with the solo section better, also yours is the only one that doesnt sound like bits and pieces of other solos mashed together
Far to much wanking for my tastes to be a Staind solo.

*edit*

Good recording quality though.
Last edited by L.A.P.D. at Aug 16, 2011,
@Phalen123 - I did go distorted at the end for the build up, but I'm glad you liked the clean section. I don't know if I even heard anybody else play clean.. Glad to hear you say you think it flowed, a lot of the entries seemed like they were trying to show off their chops more than play to the song.

Thanks for the vote Marshmellow!

Quote by L.A.P.D.
Far to much wanking for my tastes to be a Staind solo.

I know I may have gotten a little carried away at the end with the sweep section..
Did you feel i wanked too much in general or just towards the end there?
Glad you thought the recording quality was good, that was one thing I wasn't completely sure of. Appreciate the critique my good sir!

Right on man, I take it your Oliver lol :P I was ahead of you yesterday

I guess we're representing UG pretty well eh? You'd better watch out for that David Locke, he came out of nowhere..

Glad you liked the arp section, I was on the fence for a while about including it. It isn't very Staind but it fit the song so well IMO haha.

So NO takers on critique at all eh... I guess I'll settle for campaigning here then..

Vote for me, vote for me! I'm offering everything from sexual favors to shiny stickers.. You could even get an e-cookie!