So I had my mind completely set on the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass... but I came across the Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass.

Both are $300 at GC. Jaguar has P/J setup and the Jazz bass has well... a jazz pickup setup. Both pickups are Seymour Duncan designed.

Jaguar has an agaithis body, maple neck & rosewood fretboard.
Jazz bass has a maple body, neck and fretboard.

I mainly need a bass for my church's praise team that plays a range from comtemperary to alt rock.

Thanks - Panda.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Last edited by itzkpanda at Aug 15, 2011,
Quote by itzkpanda
So I had my mind completely set on the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass... but I came across the Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass.

WHAT? I get what you're trying to say and I own the Squier VM Jazz and love it, so yea go with that, plus its great for rock!
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Quote by Kilty Boxers
WHAT? I get what you're trying to say and I own the Squier VM Jazz and love it, so yea go with that, plus its great for rock!

Haha, sorry. I didn't realize that until now.

I heard the action's a bit high on the VM Jazz. Is it too bad?
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Umm its higher than my pbass i think but its not bad, i love it. I can play metallica's faster stuff on it. could always lower if you wanted to not neccessary though.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
Umm its higher than my pbass i think but its not bad, i love it. I can play metallica's faster stuff on it. could always lower if you wanted to not neccessary though.

Oh, I see. Thanks for your input!
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
The only person that's going to be able to make the choice between "Mr. Jaguar" and "Mr. Jazz" is you.

Go in and play them both.

I would go with the Jazz, but I'm biased.

Also,

I heard the action's a bit high on the VM Jazz. Is it too bad?

That isn't a problem that's only on the VM jazz, it doesn't matter what bass it is, if it is set up poorly, or the neck isn't straight, the action is going to be high.

My '77 VM Squier's action is stupid low, which is why I often take it instead of my American Jazz.
Quote by Pandawithapick
The only person that's going to be able to make the choice between "Mr. Jaguar" and "Mr. Jazz" is you.

Go in and play them both.

I would go with the Jazz, but I'm biased.

Also,

That isn't a problem that's only on the VM jazz, it doesn't matter what bass it is, if it is set up poorly, or the neck isn't straight, the action is going to be high.

My '77 VM Squier's action is stupid low, which is why I often take it instead of my American Jazz.

I've played the VM Jazz and it felt really comfortable in my hands. My fingers aren't too long and it's a bit hard to play on my friend's Squier Affinity P-Bass he lent me. The jazz bass neck is really helpful to me. However, at the guitar shops near me, they never have the Jaguar in stock. I'm thinking of calling GC or my local guitar shop to see if they can get one in stock.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Shit just got real with 2 pandas in here.

You bet.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Go for the Jazz if its comfy then by all means hell yea btw i want your fb so I can add you.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
Go for the Jazz if its comfy then by all means hell yea btw i want your fb so I can add you.

Alright. So far my mind is set on the Jazz. I just called GC and they said they can get a Jaguar shipped in a couple days.

My FB is facebook.com/osamabinladenwin
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Umm page not found send me ur email that you use for it in a message
Lol I was joking. I don't have an FB. I use the phone instead
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
I help you and in return, you betray me? You bastard.
I love the way they look, but am I the only person who gets mild to moderate neck dive with the jaguar bodies? It's not as bad as some basses, but it's noticeable when standing and playing--I've never been able to gig with one.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
I help you and in return, you betray me? You bastard.

But I really don't.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000