Hey guys, just picked up a JCM800 2203kk to run along side my 6505.

I know you can remove the inner or outer tubes on the 6505 to drop it down to 60 watts, but can this be done on the JCM? Will I need to rebias?

PS The model I have has KT88's in the power section, dunno if that makes any difference. Probably not
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
You shouldn't need to rebias it but you will need to change the impedance setting on the amp to half. So if you have a 16 ohm cab set the switch on the amp to 8. Pull the two outside tubes or the two inner ones.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You shouldn't need to rebias it but you will need to change the impedance setting on the amp to half. So if you have a 16 ohm cab set the switch on the amp to 8. Pull the two outside tubes or the two inner ones.

Wow, didnt think it'd be that easy!

If a have a cab with an oh switch only that is 16 mono or 8 stereo, can i just run 2 cables from the speaker output to the cab side by side?
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Quote by Cathbard

This.

There are some videos on youtube showing you have to do this, and how to re-bias an amp as well. It's really not that hard.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Bad.Seed
Wow, didnt think it'd be that easy!

If a have a cab with an oh switch only that is 16 mono or 8 stereo, can i just run 2 cables from the speaker output to the cab side by side?

I'd just run 16 to 16 mono.

I have a similar amp and run at half power. Like Cath said, if you want to run at half power then it would be 8 to 8 mono.

Scott Splawn recommends rebiasing.

I have a blog in my profile on how.

Don't know the specifics of your amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'd just run 16 to 16 mono.

I have a similar amp and run at half power. Like Cath said, if you want to run at half power then it would be 8 to 8 mono.

Scott Splawn recommends rebiasing.

I have a blog in my profile on how.

Don't know the specifics of your amp.

You mean 8 to 16 don't you?
Run a single cable to the 16 ohm mono input of the cab and switch the amp to 8 ohm.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification