I know the pro of a Floyd Rose trem, and I am interested in trading in my axe for one that has it. What are the CONS, if there are any? Aside from the obvious taking longer to change strings which to me is no big deal.
Setups can be a hassle if you don't know what you are doing.
You can't change tunings without a new setup or blocking the trem (a tremol-no fixes this problem though)
You won't get as much sustain or warmth as you would with a fixed bridge or string through tremolo.
Also, some lower-end FRs won't flutter or stay in tune as well as a high quality (original, or Edge Style) tremolos do.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I can deal with all but the less sustain and warmth, let me ask you this then. My problem is that my guitar won't stay in tune very well. Now it's an Ibanez but not an expensive one. However anytime I'm doing a lot of vibrato or heavy picking it loses tune. That's why I liked the idea of the FRTS because that wouldn't happen with a locking nut. This is the second guitar I have owned both were hardtail both had issues with staying in tune I've always assumed you just have to baby a fixed bridge guitar if you want it to hold tuning. Right now I can lose tune every 15 minutes if I'm not careful. So i thought if i get a better ax with a FR trem I'd be golden. But I don't like the idea that I have to give up sound quality. Are there other options for having a guitar that stays in tune?

My guitar BTW. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/gax30/index.html

Also,
WHAT UP J-VILLE? Brunswick here.
Last edited by DeathByPalmMute at Aug 15, 2011,