This is a little ditty a friend and I wrote a while ago for shits. I just recorded and mixed it in my bedroom in about 3 hours. It's short, instrumental, kinda Cloudkickereqsue. Not much else to say other than 'Enjoy'!

C4C as always.

Cheers!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Karlboy/music/all/play1034546
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Last edited by Karlboy at Aug 16, 2011,
This is very reminiscent of Cloudkicker. In the best way possible, of course.
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."

I like the guitar, but the drums sound far too distant, you need tighter drums for this particular style imo. It also lack a bit of low-end overall, it sounds way too trebbly for my tastes, especially the rhythm section. Besides that, I liked the general feel of the track, but it needs a bit of work imo.
Last edited by creeping.death! at Aug 16, 2011,
Like everyone has said, you do need to boost the bass frequencies a bit. But dont go overboard and turn this into a djent track! I like the melodic guitar and the dreamy soundscapish thing you'e got going on.

I hope this is just the beginning of a much longer song idea because what you have now was too short. There are so many directions you could take a song like this.

hope this helps
c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469290
Woah, the start sounded to me a lot like Mars Volta...
Liked the overall melody that you created. It has a pretty good mood...

Nice tune man. How did you do those drums? they sound pretty good... The bass is ok in my opinion...

Please, have a look on my video, and if you will, leave a comment at it?
Thanks man!
Space Pyramid

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Thanks for the detailed crit, though i don't know what any of it means hehe.

I like this ditty stuff, it's not to bad. I think all you should do is make it an intro to song or something. The mixing and playing is good.