Poll: Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose or Ibanez edge III?
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose or Ibanez edge III?
Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose
14 82%
Ibanez Edge III
3 18%
Voters: 17.
hey im deciding between getting the jackson JS32 Kelly which comes with a Jackson licensed floyd rose, a Jr V from BC Rich with a Floyd Rose Special series and an ibanez xf350 falchion which comes with an edge III - and was wondering which bridge is better - is a licensed floyd rose still better than an edge III? and is there much difference between a special series floyd rose and a jackson licensed one?
Last edited by harrylb14 at Aug 16, 2011,
The only experiences I've had with edge 3s have been horrible and I know someone who is very happy with their jackson licenced floyd and every time I try one in a shop it feels sturdy.

I can't give a really good opinion of either though because of limited experience but I voted Jackson.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
thanks is there much difference between a special series floyd rose and a jackson licensed one?
The licensed floyd I had on my Jackson DXMG was fantastic. Had no issues with it at all, and I would do some pretty full on dives/raises/vibratos/other junk and it would be fine. I would definitely go for the jackson given the choices you listed.

I also had an ESP LTD M100 which had a floyd rose special which was also quite good but I think the Jackson was better - in that instance anyway.

I'm pretty much a total Ibanez fanboy, but if we're judging on bridges then (in my opinion, obviously) the jackson is the best, then the FR special, then the edge III last.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by harrylb14
thanks is there much difference between a special series floyd rose and a jackson licensed one?

The Jackson licensed FR is a copy of the Floyd Rose Pro. It's a low profile FR.

I have two Jacksons with this trem and both have functioned flawlessly for me.