Page 1 of 3
Have any of you guys out there ever tried wearing women's deodorant?

I was forced to used some yesterday as the only bottle of deo in the house belonged to my female roommate, and I went about my day, thinking that smelling of woman is better than smelling of sweat and ass.

However: I was complimented no less than 4 times that I smelled good, by various female coworkers of mine.

Has anyone else ever tried on females' deodorant? Or have you girls ever tried on guys'? Have the deo companies got it all backwards? Are the feminine smells actually more attractive to women? Is it all a lie?

Discuss.
I live with my boyfriend, so I will pinch his deodorant if I've run out. I will always realise I smell a bit sweaty at the end of the day if I use his.

I have found this to be empirical proof that women's deodorant is actually stronger and more effective than men's - perhaps because it's less socially acceptable for women to be smelly?

Anyway, if I were a guy I would definitely use women's deodorant. It is much more effective.
You were probably complimented for your smell because they were designed to make it so that the women would be so attracted to it they would buy it.

...Possible breakthrough in the world of dating?

Guy: I'm wearing female deodorant.
Girl: My apartment is just upstairs.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I live with my boyfriend, so I will pinch his deodorant if I've run out. I will always realise I smell a bit sweaty at the end of the day if I use his.

I have found this to be empirical proof that women's deodorant is actually stronger and more effective than men's - perhaps because it's less socially acceptable for women to be smelly?

Anyway, if I were a guy I would definitely use women's deodorant. It is much more effective.

I was going to say that I had heard that womens is stronger, but I figured it would be utter tosh.
Oh god, I'm actually contemplating using women's deodorant now...
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
I've always preffered the smell of women's deoderant (they all smell fruity and feminine,) but I think that's the point.

The ladies wear the feminine odour to attract the men and the men wear the masculine odour to attract the females. (Assuming women actually like mens deoderant.)
If women have/need stronger deodorant surely that must mean they actually smell worse than us men?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That's funny, I've found the opposite. My brand of deoderant specifically says that it's stronger than the women's equivilant because men tend to sweat more. On the occassions when I've been forced to wear my partner's deoderant I've definitely found that it doesn't work as well as mine.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I've always preffered the smell of women's deoderant (they all smell fruity and feminine,) but I think that's the point.

The ladies wear the feminine odour to attract the men and the men wear the masculine odour to attract the females. (Assuming women actually like mens deoderant.)

But, you forget that men and women have different base smells by default, so a man wearing women's deodorant would have the fruity sweetness with a subtle hint of testicular fortitude.
Well apparantly a high percentage of the female population are bisexual so tis a good idea.

Especially in germany with all your manly women..you could be their strap on in a threesome.
Quote by CoreysMonster
But, you forget that men and women have different base smells by default, so a man wearing women's deodorant would have the fruity sweetness with a subtle hint of testicular fortitude.

Smelling like a lady......SWEDISH STYLE!!!!!
This information shouldn't get in the wrong hands...it could spell the end of the masculine world....
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
- Women's deodorant/anti-perspirant more likely to have more fragrance/perfume.
- Most men buy major brands of deodrant/anti-perspirant, going for whichever they think smells 'manly' . Most of the popular brands tend to focus on a small amount of fragrance which wears off within hours and cheap anti-perspirant chemicals (Looking at you lynx...) I suppose they get away with it because men seem less likely to notice their own smell.
- Women's 'sweat' smell is actually 'sweet' to most people anyway so, everyone other than the 'sweatee' won't notice it as much as a 'musky' male sweat.
- Men's fragrances tend to be designed how men think they should/want to smell compared to women's fragrances being focussed on a combination of how they want to smell and what is appealing to men.
- Men's deodrants are better anti-perspirants according to females who have illegitimately appropriated and utilised mine.

Notice: Post contains some assumptions and generalisations.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
- Women's 'sweat' smell is actually 'sweet' to most people anyway so

Oh god, you have never been on a skiing trip with a woman, have you? The smell of an entire female body's sweat concentrated and incubated in thermal pants for 12 hours is capable of destroying entire small countries.

Quote by pawnluv

The fragrance may differ between a man's and a woman's deodorant, based upon cultural norms and general preferences (for example, you may be more likely to find lavender in a woman's deodorant and leather in a man's)

wut
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 16, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh god, you have never been on a skiing trip with a woman, have you? The smell of an entire female body's sweat concentrated and incubated in thermal pants for 12 hours is capable of destroying entire small countries.

Destroy small countries you say?
Hmmm..
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Rufusftw
If women have/need stronger deodorant surely that must mean they actually smell worse than us men?

I like this conclusion.

I've found out through experience that some girls find it attractive for their man to come home smelling like they've been working hard instead of smelling like they just rolled in a bed of flowers.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
I like this conclusion.

I've found out through experience that some girls find it attractive for their man to come home smelling like they've been working hard instead of smelling like they just rolled in a bed of flowers.

Then I've been doing it wrong all these years.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Xeus
i think some kind of experiment is required

Well, I bought some female's deodorant for myself today.
Let's see how well this works.

So far, I feel pretty good. Smells nice.
Quote by blizzboy
I like this conclusion.

But what if they're a hard-working gardening man?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
But what if they're a hard-working gardening man?

The best of both worlds.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
Well if you go to work each day smelling like women's deo...

Women's deo and testosterone, mind you.
Quote by Coreysmonster
Women's deo and testosterone, mind you.

That is true.
Don't know if it actually changes anything though, I mean, gay men still have testosterone... right...?

Anyway, it looks like you're experiment will be more along the lines of:

Do women like it when you wear their deodorant, or do they just think you're gay?
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
That is true.
Don't know if it actually changes anything though, I mean, gay men still have testosterone... right...?

oh... right. Forgot about that
done it plenty of times when I've stayed with a woman and haven't had my stuff with me...some smell nice, some smell awful
I have worn womens deoderant when it's all I've had to hand. I don't like the smell of any of the men only depderants, I prefer the unisex ones, particularly the Sure deoderants
My sister stole my deodorant one day, and has been buying it ever since. She says that it works and smells better then any women's deodorant she has ever tried.

Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I use women's spray deoderant. Smells good and I don't sweat a lot either way.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CoreysMonster

Still better than concentrated testicle sweat smell...

wut

Leather is a legit fragrance surprisingly, I remember finding out a while back that you can extract the fragrance of just about anything to powder/liquid form (can't remember the processes involved though)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by CoreysMonster

However: I was complimented no less than 4 times that I smelled good, by various female coworkers of mine.

They probably liked the smell the same way they would like the smell of a flower, but they wouldn't have sex with a flower now would they. If you start going to work in high heels they might tell you they just LOVEE your new shoes.

Be a man...
ø

*MISC CREW*

e-mail me

Originally Posted by OneOfaKind
ø

Quote by theguitarist
Leather is a legit fragrance surprisingly, I remember finding out a while back that you can extract the fragrance of just about anything to powder/liquid form (can't remember the processes involved though)

According to Partick Süskind, you can even extract the smell of humans and doorknobs into perfume.

Quote by Cocolate
They probably liked the smell the same way they would like the smell of a flower, but they wouldn't have sex with a flower now would they. If you start going to work in high heels they might tell you they just LOVEE your new shoes.

Be a man...

I highly doubt the type of deodorant someone wears greatly influences a woman's choice to have sex with them. But, apparently the smell of women's deodorant is nice enough to create a positive reaction.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 16, 2011,
Personally, I'd find it weird if a guy smelt just like me. I'd definitely prefer a guy who smells of mens deodorant, from my experience I have stopped and turned when I smell a guy wearing Lynx walk past. I probably wouldn't do the same if a guy walked past smelling of flowers and fruits.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
I lost [read: pierced and detonated] my can of deodorant at a festival a few years back, and decided to use my then girlfriend's instead, as it didn't smell too stereotypically female.
I felt so out of place at the bar later that day, that I had to go and run around to some bands I'd never heard of, so I'd fit in with the sweaty crowd.
Page 1 of 3