Today i got a daisy chain power lead which I attached to my Zoom 9V Power adaptor and plugged 1 end into my Zoom G2.1u and another into my Dunlop Cry Baby. For some reason when it's plugged into my Cry Baby I get this (Very) loud mains buzz, more than any noise gate can handle, even louder than the guitar signal. When i unplug it from the Cry Baby and bypass it theres no buzz.

Can anyone help me out?

Here is a picture of the setup:

Try these two first:
Guitar > Crybaby (battery) > Amp
Guitar > Crybaby (poweradaptor) > Amp

If it buzzes both times, theres a wiring issue inside the wah (probably ground). It's a fairly common problem.
call me ziggy.
Quote by earthisearthis
Try these two first:
Guitar > Crybaby (battery) > Amp
Guitar > Crybaby (poweradaptor) > Amp

If it buzzes both times, theres a wiring issue inside the wah (probably ground). It's a fairly common problem.

Tried the 2nd one, exact same problem. It's fine with battery (i think) but i can't afford to keep replacing them every 5 mins which i why i bought the daisy chain.
Heres a picture of the inside of the Cry Baby if you can spot any wiring issues. I can also upload a recording of the buzz if it helps?

Last edited by Afroboy267 at Aug 16, 2011,
I have a feeling it might be the power supply (too much power maybe?).

Shall i post a pic of the adaptor and maybe consider getting one of these or something?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Power-Supply-9v-5-Pedals-/270310792916?_trksid=p5197.m8&_trkparms=algo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D10%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2102569454942561901&_qi=RTM742989
"I have noise"
"Get a noise gate"

Why do so many people think the best way to fix a fault is to paint over it so nobody can see it?

The most likely cause is that your supply is too small. If you pull to much current from a supply you get 120 Hz hum on the supply line. Add up all the power draws of your pedals and get a supply rated higher than that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
"I have noise"
"Get a noise gate"

Why do so many people think the best way to fix a fault is to paint over it so nobody can see it?

The most likely cause is that your supply is too small. If you pull to much current from a supply you get 120 Hz hum on the supply line. Add up all the power draws of your pedals and get a supply rated higher than that.

I only use a noise gate to get rid of a lil bit of mains hum, i don't use it excessivly though. This is wayy too loud to be covered up though.

I'll write up the specs for the adaptor if it helps.
ZOOM
AC ADAPTOR AD-0006F
(EQUIVALENT TO AD-0003F
CLASS II TRANSFORMER)
MODEL: JOD-41B-013
INPUT: AC 230V~50Hz 35mA
OUTPUT: DC 9V - 300mA
if its buzzing with the adapter into the crybaby but not with a battery, id guess its either a power supply issue, or a bad dc input jack in the wah

EDIT: check the current draws on both pedals (should be written somewhere, or in the manual)
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Aug 16, 2011,
Guitar - Cry Baby - Amp

This seems to work with the Cry Baby on adaptor. It's when i go through the G2.1u with both on mains that i get buzz.
I seems that you need a power supply with a higher amperage (i.e. get an adapter that outputs more than 300 mA).
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
I seems that you need a power supply with a higher amperage (i.e. get an adapter that outputs more than 300 mA).

Ok, thanks alot.

This one says 600mA, will that be ok?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Power-Supply-9v-5-Pedals-/270310792916?_trksid=p5197.m8&_trkparms=algo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D10%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2102569454942561901&_qi=RTM742989