i'm currently using a line 6 spider IV (30 watt), i dont hv much to spend so i think it sounds pretty good to me.

currently, im considering getting some pedals, but im not sure which option i shud choose.

Option 1) get the footswitch for my amp (but it can only fit into a line-6, right?) + wah-wah petal

Option 2) get multi-effects + wah-wah + distortion pedals

can u guys gimme some suggestion on which option i shud go for? and which brand shud i choose?

THx!
Last edited by Bellion at Aug 18, 2011,
What you need is a new amp.

Srsly, pedals will probably sound crappy through the spider. I'd just save your money and get a nicer amp.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
^Ideally he's right... But if you're dying to get something and can't afford a new amp get the foot controller. Being able to controll the in-buit effects is gonna work out a lot better than running more effects into the front.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Start out with getting the footswitch for your amp. So what if it only works with that amp, having it will increase the resale value when/if you upgrade.

As & when you can afford the new amp, go for it. Then you can shop around for the exact amp & effects for the sound you want & sell your current amp to help pay for it.

Just one other thought:
Option 2) get multi-effects + wah-wah + distortion petals

A decent multi effects unit would include wah-wah and distortion, so this would all be covered by a single purchase.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yes, a foot controller would be a nice thing to have when you're playing gigs and practising when you need to switch something fast. I wouldn't invest too much money into the spider though...

And thanks tubetime for agreeing with me.
I'd go with rose, or possibly violet. Stay away from sunflower, though.

Was going to say "WTF?", then noticed what you were referring to.... well spotted!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by fanoftehmusic

[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by GaryHB
Start out with getting the footswitch for your amp. So what if it only works with that amp, having it will increase the resale value when/if you upgrade.

As & when you can afford the new amp, go for it. Then you can shop around for the exact amp & effects for the sound you want & sell your current amp to help pay for it.

Just one other thought:

A decent multi effects unit would include wah-wah and distortion, so this would all be covered by a single purchase.

thx for the tips . i actually just bought the amp 2 months ago (regret for not doing enuff research before i buy...)

wht kinda multi-effects pedals wud u recommend?
Last edited by Bellion at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by fanoftehmusic

Was going to make a post similar this... dick!
sunflowers have a great toan btw
Quote by coolstoryangus
sunflowers have a great toan btw

Sunflowers are like the Dumbles of flowers. I think it's because they're the color of Twinkies.
Quote by coolstoryangus

+1

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just get the footswitch. When you are ready for better effects than what's in the Spider you'll be well and truly sick of the amp already. When you sell the amp it will be easier to move if you have the footswitch. Then after you get a real amp you can buy pedals to go with that amp.
Just get the footswitch and make do with what you've got until your ear for tone kicks in and makes you want to toss it through a window.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Petals + Spiders =

Quote by kutless999

A MFX into a Spider will sound like ass. The RP355 is a nice unit as a stand-alone to play into a PC for example but if he's going to spend that much - he might as well sell the Spider and buy a Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by Cathbard
Just get the footswitch. When you are ready for better effects than what's in the Spider you'll be well and truly sick of the amp already. When you sell the amp it will be easier to move if you have the footswitch. Then after you get a real amp you can buy pedals to go with that amp.
Just get the footswitch and make do with what you've got until your ear for tone kicks in and makes you want to toss it through a window.

There is a right answer in this situation and its this.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Personally, I like lavender petals, but rose petals seem to be better for the girls.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
this isn't the first time i've seen people calling them "petals". i wonder why so many people make that mistake?

not much use having pedals with a spider amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Petals + Spiders =

A MFX into a Spider will sound like ass. The RP355 is a nice unit as a stand-alone to play into a PC for example but if he's going to spend that much - he might as well sell the Spider and buy a Peavey Vypyr.

He asked what mfx unit would be good and I just said the rp355 because once he gets a better amp it'll be fine.
Quote by Blompcube
this isn't the first time i've seen people calling them "petals". i wonder why so many people make that mistake?

not much use having pedals with a spider amp.

hahaha, i finally understand wht r they laughing abt...thx lol
Quote by Bellion
Sry I'm a noob in all the equipment.... Isn't boss the largest brand in making pedals? So if a mfx would include everything y would ppl sometimes buy distortion/wah pedals separately ?

Because most of the time wah and distortion are the most crappy-sounding effects on a multiFX
The only pedal you should buy if you have a spider is the foot controller. Since the amp has built in distortion and effects it screws up the signal chain if you try and put other pedals and stuff before the amp.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
Last edited by Stringz of Fury at Aug 18, 2011,
Quote by WtrPlyr
Because most of the time wah and distortion are the most crappy-sounding effects on a multiFX

Not true
Ok fine

Come tell us that in the digitech thread
Quote by fanoftehmusic

FucK. You beat me to it.

TS, you'd be much better off in the long run saving that money for a new amp.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
sell your amp and get a nice tube combo, and then get some pedals. so much easier than having shitty sound on a line 6. i have a spider iv, and having put 6+ pedals through it and it all sounded shit then id say dont. the wah, delay, reverb work okay but yeah. new amp!
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by WtrPlyr
Prove me wrong.

Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by leigh596
sell your amp and get a nice tube combo, and then get some pedals. so much easier than having shitty sound on a line 6. i have a spider iv, and having put 6+ pedals through it and it all sounded shit then id say dont. the wah, delay, reverb work okay but yeah. new amp!

Yeh we got the same amp, I just bought it so I hv to wait and save for another amp...which amp r u going to get?