I'm currently taking my studying RGT grade 7 and I'm struggling to practice the chord chart reading. It's not that I actually struggle doing it, its just finding enough chords charts to practice to keep me sharp.

I get annoyed when I have to just be content with the chord chart examples in the RGT books because I almost end up learning them, which defeats the purpose as the whole exercise is meant for on the spot reading. And there's no real point of me writing my own down because I'll already know what chords I'm going to play

So does anyone no any resources that have a tremendous of chord chart examples for me to practice my sight reading. Hell, does anyone here have any generic chord charts that they can send to me so I can practice.

The types of chords that I'd be looking for would be all the major, minor, dominant variations of 7th, 9th, 6th chords, as well as 5# and 5b variations of 7th chords and I think some 11th and 13th chords would be good as well.

Hope you guys can help
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
Have you picked up a Jazz fake book? These will list the chords above the melody, including all the extended chords you listed.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Have you tried looking for chord finders online? This one has numerous variations of pretty much every chord I've ever heard of....

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by soviet_ska
Have you picked up a Jazz fake book? These will list the chords above the melody, including all the extended chords you listed.

No I haven't, but they look interesting.

Quote by GaryHB
Have you tried looking for chord finders online? This one has numerous variations of pretty much every chord I've ever heard of....

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for chords progressions not specific chords.

But thanks anyway
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
They might prefer you to make your own voicings, so if you REALLY want to learn the chords, learn how to construct them, via theory.

Learn chord construction, from the scale degrees, for example, simple major chords are made up of the root (I), the third (III) and the fifth (V). If you don't quite understand that, here is a hugely helpful series of lessons, starting at the beginning:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/basic_chord_theory.html

Say if you have to make a G7b5, take the root (G), third (B), flat fifth (Db) and flat seventh (F). Then try to arrange them in different ways. Thats how you come up with different voicings; by having the notes in a different order.

I would play a G7b5, like this:

e-1
B-0
G-0
D-1
A-2
E-3

or this, with an F bass note.

e-3
B-4
G-4
D-3
A-x
E-x
Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for chords progressions not specific chords

That site has a section where it has chord progressions - I don't know how comprehensive that part of the site is, but if it's as good as the chords & scales that are on there it should be of at least some help - the link is at the centre of the top of the page.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud