It's a RR JS32 that I bought NEW for ~$400 no more than a month and a half ago. I like it, but it's just not for me.

I'd like to trade it in and purchase a desperately needed amp which is about $300. I WOULD go return my guitar, but GC has a 30 day return policy and I may have just missed it by a week or two.

It's in basically perfect condition (no scratches, dings, etc.) Everything works the same as when I took it out of the store.

How much would I get ripped off if I traded it into GC for an amp? anything less than $300 on something this new seems like it would be a ripoff for me.

EDIT: It does not have a FR bridge, which is the only kind i've seen on all the JS32 models online, so it may be a slightly different model.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Last edited by Ragu35 at Aug 16, 2011,
Have you thought about selling it on ebay then just using the cash to purchase the amp?

Shops will always look to make a profit when they sell anything they've accepted as a trade in, so if you trade it in you'll be lucky to get half what it's really worth, whereas if you sell it you'll probably get almost as much as you paid for it - if it really is in the condition you say it is you could probably get away with advertising it as new.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Ragu35
It's a RR JS32 that I bought NEW for ~$400 no more than a month and a half ago. I like it, but it's just not for me.

I'd like to trade it in and purchase a desperately needed amp which is about $300. I WOULD go return my guitar, but GC has a 30 day return policy and I may have just missed it by a week or two.

It's in basically perfect condition (no scratches, dings, etc.) Everything works the same as when I took it out of the store.

How much would I get ripped off if I traded it into GC for an amp? anything less than $300 on something this new seems like it would be a ripoff for me.

EDIT: It does not have a FR bridge, which is the only kind i've seen on all the JS32 models online, so it may be a slightly different model.

I dunno, but maybe you could SELL it for $400 or maybe put in some profit as well.
That way you can have some extra cash.
they'd probably give you like 200trade....it doesnt hurt to ask, mostly if you tell them its pretty new and you bought it there(im assuming you did). they might be nice....

but yea, not gonna lie you took at least a 100 dollar hit..

just go ask, if they dont give you 300, try to haggle them up to there...if not, sell that shit on craigslist for 300 and hope someone wants it
it's now considered used so no way you'll get anywhere near $300 for it from GC or any other guitar shop. keep in mind that that is probably pretty close to the wholesale price they pay for new guitars. they will give you half of what they will sell the guitar for used. figure somewhere in the neighborhood of $325-350 so you'd get around $175 max. sell it on craigslist but be aware that chnces are it won't move for more than $250 there or on ebay.

ugh :/

I knew I should have returned this when I got it. I just waited too long.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Just go to Guitar Center's used site and look up your guitar. They'll give you approximately half of what they're selling your guitar for.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-JACKSON-JS32-RANDY-RHOADS-SIGNATURE-BLACK-106653762-i1985741.gc

There's a JS32 without a Floyd, they want $169.99 for it. If you're lucky GC will give you about $85 for it.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
Just go to Guitar Center's used site and look up your guitar. They'll give you approximately half of what they're selling your guitar for.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-JACKSON-JS32-RANDY-RHOADS-SIGNATURE-BLACK-106653762-i1985741.gc

There's a JS32 without a Floyd, they want $169.99 for it. If you're lucky GC will give you about $85 for it.

Son of a....

I'm really beating myself up for not returning this earlier
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
yeah, i had the king v version of it awhile back, mint condition and i took it to trade it in for a guitar for my girlfriend at the time. i think the shop offered me like $130 with the gig bag. Not worth it, sell it on craigslist or ebay, or even to a friend you know that might want it. i sold mine to a friend for $225 cause i wanted to sell it fast
You honestly won't get much for it. It's a buyers market right now. It's great for us buyers, cuz we get everything cheap, but bad for the sellers cuz they really can't get much for their gear.

live and learn man.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
this would be one of the reasons why i never buy anything guitar related new. you walk out the door and it drops 40%-70% by the time you step off of the curb.

if you buy used and buy smart, and take care of whatever item it is, you should be able to sell it for a similar price that you got it used for, or potentially make money on it).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
if you buy used and buy smart, and take care of whatever item it is, you should be able to sell it for a similar price that you got it used for, or potentially make money on it

That's what I do with pretty much all my kit
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yeah :/

I guess i'll either keep it or sell it on eBay or Craigslsit. I guess i'll learn for next time around.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Or you could try to trade it on your local Craigslist? Maybe between it and a pedal or two you could trade up to a nicer guitar
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]