I play heavy pop rock and am looking for a pedal to help me control the 'heavy' part of it. We do a couple of dubstep covers and have a few 'metal chugga' sections in songs where the distortion on the rocker 30 just doesn't cover it. It sounds too fluffy and nice (which I love in any other circumstance).

I use an old Behringer PB100 at the moment the get a boost in the gain (LOL ) so I want something a bit ... less CRAP.

What would you suggest?

Thanks, Jamie.
I say go for an OD pedal, TS9 are pretty popular, but a Bad Monkey would be a good choice on a budget, but if you can go higher you may look into boutique makes. I think the Death by audio intersteller overdriver looks neat but haven't played it.
Last edited by ragingben at Aug 16, 2011,
Way Huge Angry Troll.

Worked wonders with my old Rocker.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'll check all those out. A friend of mine suggested a Fulltone OCD pedal? Thoughts?
And what would it be like to have these pedals running from the dirty channel? I want to use the pedal as a boost instead of a dirty channel itself
All of these are solid recommendations. A tubescreamer should be plenty.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Maybe the xotic BB preamp?
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
If you can find a V1 Transparent Overdrive from Danelectro its the cheapest and best OD I've ever played. Apparently V2, which is what stores stock now, is different though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by JamieFinch
And what would it be like to have these pedals running from the dirty channel? I want to use the pedal as a boost instead of a dirty channel itself

yeah if you're just using it to boost the od channel then an od should be plenty.

the ocd's meant to work better as a standalone pedal over a clean channel than as a boost. I have the dano cool cat clone version, and i'd tend to agree... it'll work as a boost, but if your main aim is boost there are other pedals that do it better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet. I'll look into some overdrives then. The V1 looks good.

What are you opinions on Boss OD-3 ?
v1?

it's ages since i've tried the od3... can't really remember much about it, other than it was very warm/middy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i use a ts9 for the same purposes you do and it has never failed. works great
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Something to look out for would be the Catalinbread Silver Kiss, worked wonders with my old Rocker because you can EQ it more accurately with the 3 band on the pedal. Works on the clean channel as well as an EQ because there's a lot of headroom on the cleans (or I found it that way anyway)
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey