How closely does the 333XL resemble the JSX (in terms of tone?).

Curious to hear what people have to say about this amp.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Well since the only differences are component and build quality, I don't think there is going to be much of a difference.

You could've done some actual research instead of this pointless thread.
I'm not sure how much in terms of tone, but I do own the 333xl head and cab and it sounds monsterous, I have had no problems with the build quality, I will in time change out the plastic power clip seeing as I have an older model, but I've had it cranked and played with it a few times live with no problem. Depends on the price difference. I'd say the 333xl is a more reasonable price for the tone.

I like to think of it as a triple rec vs. my bugera. Now, the triple rec sounds better. No doubt. HOWEVER, It is not 1200 dollars extra better. If you're willing to pay big money for better tone, have at 'er. But No matter what you pick you'll have a great amp.
Hope this helps.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Thier basically the same thing expect for the already mentioned build quality, older bugeras had a slight tendency to start on fire sometimes haha. However i do have a 333xl too and ive never had a problem with it and as far as tone similarity thier basically identical i have a friend that has a jsx and if i hadnt seen it before i played on it i probally would have thought it was my amp.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by OurRequiem
Thier basically the same thing expect for the already mentioned build quality, older bugeras had a slight tendency to start on fire sometimes haha. However i do have a 333xl too and ive never had a problem with it and as far as tone similarity thier basically identical i have a friend that has a jsx and if i hadnt seen it before i played on it i probally would have thought it was my amp.

How similar is the "Crunch" channel between these two amps?
I know the clean and ultra channels are nearly identical.

I have been a big Peavey 5150 user for years.
I FULLY migrated to a Bugera 6262 last years (after testing the bugera out for months).
My 6262 sounds identical to my 5150 (clean channel is *slightly* better).
However, the 6262 can get great tones at whisper volume. (They both sound identical when cranked).

Is this the same scenario with the JSX vs the 333XL??
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
How similar is the "Crunch" channel between these two amps?
I know the clean and ultra channels are nearly identical.

I have been a big Peavey 5150 user for years.
I FULLY migrated to a Bugera 6262 last years (after testing the bugera out for months).
My 6262 sounds identical to my 5150 (clean channel is *slightly* better).
However, the 6262 can get great tones at whisper volume. (They both sound identical when cranked).

Is this the same scenario with the JSX vs the 333XL??

Why the hell would you migrate (as you say) to a bugera if you had a 5150??
I doubt its for the *slightly better cleans* which id argue theres no diff between them.
Id also argue on the fact you say they sound identical
Yes Ive played both just for the record
Anywhoo
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Why the hell would you migrate (as you say) to a bugera if you had a 5150??
I doubt its for the *slightly better cleans* which id argue theres no diff between them.
Id also argue on the fact you say they sound identical
Yes Ive played both just for the record
Anywhoo

I had both of them side by side for the better part of a year.
The only modification the 5150 had was a bias mod.
Most people who have "played both" have not played both through an identical cabinet. You're not the first musician to question this. EVERY single guitarist that visited my house agreed that there was zero discernable tonal difference between the two (So I know that I'm not just crazy!)

There were rare moments when I thought I heard a difference between the two. But I could never isolate it. They are seriously that close. Any tonal difference probably occurred because of the different tubes. Although the clean channel is very different between the two. Now, mind you, the 6262 doesn't have a "resonance" control. Which can make a difference.

I fully migrated to the 6262 because I've been doing much more recording at home these days (built my own little studio ). The 6262 doesn't need to be cranked to get a good tone out of it. Its "Sweet Spot" is much larger in regards to volume. My 5150 would require some type of ear protection to play it that loud in an enclosed room. Seriously.

When it was all said and done, I wanted to keep the 5150 as I thought I was doing something "Evil" or "Wrong". The 5150 has a "cool factor" attached to it whereas the Bugera is looked down upon. In the end I made a decision based on my ears and not on the psychology.
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Last edited by theraven871 at Aug 16, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

+1
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
+100^^

Again raven, what is the point of this thread if you clearly have an opinion towards the brand and have the brains in your head to make your own decision to this matter.

This has been a troll thread from the beginning.
Quote by Sputnik1
+100^^

Again raven, what is the point of this thread if you clearly have an opinion towards the brand and have the brains in your head to make your own decision to this matter.

This has been a troll thread from the beginning.

I'm sorry if that impression has been given. This isn't a thread to "bash" either amp or ask which is "superior".
This thread would probably have been more appropriate to post in the "Bugera" thread. However, I don't want any "bias" towards answers.

The fact is that I live FAR from any decent guitar stores (Central Wisconsin isn't kind on musicians). So, it takes me awhile to research what I want. In this case, I may just end up buying both amps and keeping the one I prefer more. That, of course, requires a conversation with my "other half" which I don't look forward to.

Now, its been my impression that the 5150 and the 6262 are very similar. However, there have been some comments that the 333Xl and the JSX are slightly different. Some people have quoted that the 333XL is more "Dual Rectifier-ish". This, of course would be wasted on me as I already own a Dual Rec.

All things considered, the cost of the JSX is at an all time low. It might just behoove me to order a JSX. I'm just hoping I don't need to "crank the volume" like I did with my 5150. In that instance, the 333XL would make more sense to me. (Assuming the tone was identical).
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100