Ok I posted this question yesterday but it turned into bashing dragonforce thread so a mod closed it (I assume this is the reason because they didn't bother to leave a message saying why it was closed). here is the question again:

I am trying to play valley of the damned by dragonforce. I was listening to this cover (URL below) and I have the same pedal. (boss metal zone mt2) however I cannot get that sound. I have a vox da20 amp and I play a schecter c1 elite. Is it the amp or what kind of EQ would I need?

URL to cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU79t6Q8jrc

I show you this cover because he has the same pedal as me.

URL to original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUWCrCXiVpA
TBH, at the start anyway, I can only hear the original track
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
he is also using a digitech whammy for octave shifting, and a crybaby wah
he is also using a marshal mini stack.

it also takes forever to get a good sound dialed in on the metal zone, which is why i got rid of mine.

so your guitar is different, and you have a different amp. thats the main reason why, though i'm sure with enough eq'ing you could get a similar tone.
yeh you need a different amp and obviously a digitech whammy and a wah for those silly nintendo sounds, I refuse to believe hes actually using his metalzone because his tones actually not bad and its one of the worst pedals known to man
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
yeh you need a different amp and obviously a digitech whammy and a wah for those silly nintendo sounds, I refuse to believe hes actually using his metalzone because his tones actually not bad and its one of the worst pedals known to man

Cannible corpse use metal zones and they have a pretty sought after death metal tone.
Allthough there also using triple recs, but still.
When my wife had a mt-2 I actually got some great death metal tones through my mesa.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Power metal fans.
So cheesy
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Power metal fans.
So cheesy

I was trying to sway this topic over to death metal
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Reported. If the first thread was closed why do you think this thread wouldn't?

FYI, this is essentially a settings thread since you are trying to emulate a set of gear using your own. If you read the rules you would understand.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Aug 16, 2011,