I have been considering both of these guitars for about a month now. And I really have no idea which one to get. They both have pretty simillar spec, but I prefer the look of the Jackson. However, I can get hold of the dean for about £300 cheaper.

The annoying thing is I can't just have a jam on both of them and pick as they are relatively rare and have to be ordered in anywhere I have enquired which means paying before playing!!!

I know the Jackson will sound good as it has EMG active picks in it, and I have an EMG 81 in my current Ibanez which sounds metal as ****. The Dean has Duncan Seymour Dave Mustaine active sig picks, which I am sure will sound great too.

Has anyone got / played either of these guitars and what do you think of them?
just pick one
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I would go with the Jackson. EMG's and killer looks...
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Quote by Ragu35
just pick one

thats the best advice ever!!

Not.

-

Are these the high end USA models or the cheaper ones? Because if its the cheaper ones get the Jackson.

A lot of people will say dont get a dean because they have poor quality control, and I certainly wouldnt buy one with out seeing it first. But VMNT's are generally better.

I trust Jackson more as a brand, but they are always my brand of choice.
Jackson > Dean.

Jackson for sure.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Depends really what neck you like better. I vote for the Jackson Demmelition (Well... I have one) and it is amazing to play... for me. The neck is just perfect for my hands and it is really easy and nice to play
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
The other difference in thoses 2 are the necks:

The dean seems to have a D shaped 16 radius neck, wich is closer to the ibanez feel, depending on how "beefy" is the neck. But usually, D shaped are somehow slim

The Jackson has a compound radius, from 12 to 16. Doesn't say what type (D, C, etc), but I asume it's a D, since they tend to be thin also. The compond radius will make the neck "rounder" on the low frets and "flatter" on the high frets. I honestly doesn't like the feel of this and like more "ibanez type" neck, flatter all around.

Also, you have either a string to bridge or a tremolo... considering this, the pickup, the neck, the only "similarity" in those 2 is the shape... The best bet would be, at least, to go and try them (or similar neck) to see wich one you feel and like.
Quote by UKMaster
Depends really what neck you like better. I vote for the Jackson Demmelition (Well... I have one) and it is amazing to play... for me. The neck is just perfect for my hands and it is really easy and nice to play

I love the necks on Jackson's. They are perfect for my hands.
Quote by Spartan101400
I would recommend the VMNT over the Demmelition, just overall better quality for the price.

Seriously?

-

Over all, I dont think you can go wrong with this decision, even if you could do better with one than the other.

If you can get the VMNT for 300 less than if you regret your decision you could sell it for a profit potentially and get the Jackson.

Have you looked at the other king V's in their range?
Last edited by jkielq91 at Aug 16, 2011,
(My request is after the line, if you wanna skip, but please read)

Guys just to be sure, you know that the VMNT is the 'good USA made guitar' and the VMNTX is the 'cheap one' the VMNT comes with Seymor Duncan Pickups and Better Craftmanship whereas the VMNTX is a bit inferior, with simple humbuckers and Factory like production. Do NOT get me wrong, The VMNTX is easily the best whammyless shredder in the market for under $350, its actually magical.

The VMNT costs 800 bucks, the VMNTX costs 300 and the Demmelition Costs 550. So following logical explanations, the VMNT is supposedly a better guitar than the rest.

------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I need help, I'm new to shredding (played metallica, megadeth and death on an acoustic for an year and a half and then havent played anything for three months). I Have a BOSS ME-25 and aiming to buy a Rust in peace-ish, I'm considering the Jackson King V KVXT or the Dean VMNTX (Both Silver).

Cheers
Quote by Spartan101400
I would recommend the VMNT over the Demmelition, just overall better quality for the price.

+1 anyone that says deans are not good havent played a higher end dean. i have more deans than i do any brand and there all great from my vintage to my 2010.
i woukd say to get the dean i have one of the dave mustaine models and i can tell you there well worth the money and i like the pickups better than emgs but thats just me.
VMNT get's my vote
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.