Straight razor
6 3%
Electric (think James Bond)
42 24%
Don't shave
9 5%
Voters: 174.
Page 1 of 2
What do you use to shave? I'm plagued with doubts about what I should get when I move into my new student digs. While packing my stuff, I've found a succession of Gillette things with replacable blades, and also disposables, and I don't know what's best.
It's a very personal thing. I tend to use a battery powered rotary Philips for everyday shaving and a Wilkinson Sword razor if I need to look decent for some reason.
The gillettes are better than the disposables, but you might as well use the disposables before getting any new blades for the gillettes - there's no point in just throwing them out without being used
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I prefer to use a trimmer set to whatever length (couple of days growth I'd say), but if I have to shave properly, can't go wrong with Gilette Mach 3, just make sure to change the blade after a couple of uses... And its worth paying a little more for the names brands of shaving gel!
Quote by GaryHB
The gillettes are better than the disposables, but you might as well use the disposables before getting any new blades for the gillettes - there's no point in just throwing them out without being used

This. Just get disposables.
Sail upon the open skies
I use an electric razor for normal use. I don't shave it all, but leave it at a couple of day's growth. (I hate being completely clean-shaven.) However, when I do have to look clean and decent, I'll use a "permanent" one with replaceable razors.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
If your face is sensitive to regular blades then get a Panasonic wet/dry electric. You can fully submerge it in water and use it with shaving cream and everything.
Sometimes permanent replaceable blades. But sometimes I use my electric because it leaves a little bit on, and I look like a 3 year old without any facial hair
I've had the uncanny ability to grow a lumberjack beard since I was 17, why the **** would I shave.
Poop.

Yes, poop.

Yes, the one that's marketed for women which women use. Know why I use it? Cause it works better.

That razor cuts through my Sicilian face forest like a samurai sword through the dishonorable.

Don't believe me? Try it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Aug 16, 2011,
How do you guys keep gilette blades from clogging up?
I don't like to shave every day (because I don't feel comfortable covering my face in foam and dragging a blade across it), so whenever I shave I trim my facial pubes with scissors and then use a razor. It always gets clogged up with hair and I have to take it apart to clean it out.

Maybe I should get one of those electric things.
Quote by David w
I prefer to use a trimmer set to whatever length (couple of days growth I'd say), but if I have to shave properly, can't go wrong with Gilette Mach 3, just make sure to change the blade after a couple of uses... And its worth paying a little more for the names brands of shaving gel!

Exactly this
I use one of those ones with replaceable heads, the ones where you throw away the whole thing are crap. I want to get a safety razor though, and some proper shaving stuff, as i can imagine a good shave the proper way can be quite therapeutic, although i think it would be quite expensive to buy the whole kit.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
^ You're supposed to rinse it off after you shave a part of your face, man. You don't just go commando on your whole beard without rinsing the razor. That's bad form.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
^ You're supposed to rinse it off after you shave a part of your face, man. You don't just go commando on your whole beard without rinsing the razor. That's bad form.

I do rinse it off every time, but a lot of hair still gets trapped inside under the blades.
I only recently started growing any significant facial hair, and my dad never taught me how to shave

Nothing fancy.

When it gets a bit of build up between the blades, just run a cotton bud along the length of it a few times, run under water. Repeat a few times and it's all good.
The ones with replaceable blades seem to give a much smoother shave. Also, instead of using shaving cream/gel, try using conditioner. It's awesome.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by CrossBack7
This. Gilette Fusion thing. Better just buying a new razor everytime though, the blades cost more than the actual razor that comes with a spare or two.

Um. That's because the "actual razor" is just a stick that the blade connects to. When you buy blades, you get 4 or 5, so obviously its cheaper to buy 2 than 5.

Anyways, for the past year I've been using disposables because you can get like a hundred at a time from Costco. Now I've run out, though.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Currently throwaways. I'll get the real thing, though.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Disposables, cause I don't need to shave very much anyway.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
When I'm on a kick of shaving my whole face, I use an electric razor, but I keep disposables on-hand for extraneous neck hair. I'm a hairy, gorilla-like bastard.

When I'm going through a phase of growing a beard (currently), I use disposable razors to edge it up and clean up my neck.
Hi, I'm Peter
When you're old enough to shave you will be able to decide what you like best. Until then get your ass back to the kiddie table.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
When you're old enough to shave you will be able to decide what you like best. Until then get your ass back to the kiddie table.

My chin's like sandpaper, bitch.

Tbh, what I'm really wondering is which is more cost-effective. You get more uses out of a sort of replacable one, but they're more expensive.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I use an old school safety/double sided razor. I get a close shave, and blade refills are amazingly cheap. Best way to go. Better and cheaper than expensive, modern multi-blade razors.
My God, it's full of stars!
Electric razor, sometimes have to use hair clippers first if I've been lazy and not shaved for a while.
Call me Matthew.
Page 1 of 2